Safelite Help

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Safelite Help

Post by RCRNR »

I just opened today for day one of Tent set-up at local mall. It went great exceeded my first day expectation but I did miss out on 5 invoices. 3 of which safelite said they could not give an authorization? Weird thing is two of them were emailed to me one with the authorization number. Other two jobs were my fault being credit card machine just showed up. If I get more from them from usaa/progressive that they say no confirmation number at this time do I do them then try and get confirmation number later or just charge customer cash and let them get reimbursed. Help
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Safelite Help

Post by Clarity Glass »

In my disclaimer at bottom of invoice it states "customer will pay any fees not covered by insurance." I do the repair anyhow because experience has shown coverage will most likely be confirmed within a day or two. When "no coverage" comes back then I call them for payment. Most people are honest and will pay you. If you don't get paid you're out supply cost and your labor time. As an example I had a repeat customer come in this week with a 2003 vehicle and coverage could not be confirmed. She thought she still had full coverage on it but didn't. I know she will pay me. So...if the car is 10 or more years old use your judgement because maybe their coverage has been reduced to "liability". Glad to hear you had a successful first day and feel free to text or call. Steve down in Vancouver.