Tent setup. Locations

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Successteamnva
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Tent setup. Locations

Post by Successteamnva »

How do you folks locate and get permission to setup a tent for WS repairs? Thanks
Semper Fi

Re: Tent setup. Locations

Post by Semper Fi »

With the disclaimer that I have yet to do it myself, I plan on going directly to merchants and asking to speak to someone in management and then discuss setting up in their parking lot. I will promise them that I will not solicit their customers but will be happy to service their vehicles if they approach me. I will tell them that I will suggest to my customers that they shop in the merchant’s establishment while I complete the repair. I will also point out that all my banners and flags should increase the traffic to their store.

Anyone with experience in this area please tell me what you think and offer advice.
Semper Fi - USMC
Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!
Jimmy V.
Successteamnva

Post by Successteamnva »

Thanks for your response! I guess face to face is the best way. I did hear from my city to contact my local zoning department before doing any setups. I hope to hear from those who do tent setups. Appreciate ya Brother
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

Sucessteamnva, if you have a business license issued by the city/county to conduct business you should not have any zoning issues if you are set up on a commercial lot. Anyone else want to jump in here?
Semper Fi - USMC
Jimmy V.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Just talk to who ever is in charge of leases let them know weather can affect when you are open and you are added security in the lot when negotiating a fair price I have been set up since September in a mall parking lot and love it though this time of year it gets slow and boring so I bring laptop in to help pass the time
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Just talk to who ever is in charge of leases let them know weather can affect when you are open and you are added security in the lot when negotiating a fair price I have been set up since September in a mall parking lot and love it though this time of year it gets slow and boring so I bring laptop in to help pass the time
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Slow and boring, that is the problem I see with car parks waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen. I would much rather drop into a fleet or dealer do 3 or 4 jobs then be on my way again, OK in the first place it takes a little work but the payback is worth it.
Semper Fi

Post by Semper Fi »

You have to be confident in yourself and your abilities in order to sell yourself and your service. Tell them why you are their best option and then deliver on your promise. As screenman stated it won’t be easy, nothing worth doing ever is, but in the long run your perseverance will pay off.
Semper Fi - USMC
Jimmy V.
Cfkdaddy

Post by Cfkdaddy »

Hey RCRNR I think I drove by the South Hill Mall and saw your setup. Is that you? I'd love to come talk with you about how things are going.

Thanks!
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

No that is not me at south hill is that Tacoma area? Screenman I would love to here how you approach fleets by phone, face to face? I have spoke with a big company here in the USA that does only fleet work and learned a lot about how they approach fleets. I will always do my tent but was thinking if I can get a fleet once a week I could do them on slower tent days. Trying to figure out if I do fleets next or open tent two here being 2nd location was offered to me free of charge no monthly rent like the mall. I would prefer just to add a couple of fleets to my existing tent so I can do all the work on my own instead of location 2 where I hire and train another. Any advice from anyone would be helpful I will also search boards today for old posts on this wind and rain too much today tent is closed.