Shading

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
CajunAutoGlass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Shading

Post by CajunAutoGlass »

New guy here. Been reading everything on the forum for about two months, but don't think I've come across something like this. Being from south Louisiana its usually sunny and hot 90% of the time. Has anyone used something like an umbrella with a suction cup that you can place anywhere on the vehicle to keep you shaded or dry if its raining. Would that also work to keep away unwanted UV? Thanks
kennycrane

Re: Shading

Post by kennycrane »

I've seen an umbrella out there that is supposed to do that. I cannot imagine it being big enough to actually be a good thing. And would definitely not trust it to block UV. But most of all, I would never want to attach anything like that to someone's car, there is to much that can and will go wrong. :o
CajunAutoGlass

Post by CajunAutoGlass »

Yeah i was thinking the same thing but I have seen this website that promotes a product for PDR, however it doesnt give an exact % for UV protection and i have emailed them but have heard no response.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Being in the shade is nothing like blocking UV, understanding indirect UV helps, Try this park your car well in the shade, put a bit of pit fill on the glass a tab over and see what happens very quickly. People not using a UV shield is one of a few good reason why there are so many poor repairs out there.