6.5 months down amazing customers

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

6.5 months down amazing customers

Post by RCRNR »

I have been in customer service sales all my life and one would be hard pressed to find more grateful customers than the ones in WSR. Granted I take Insurance but even with the cash paying customers, we save them a ton of money. I truly enjoy every day and the gratitude I get from every customer. To me this is the coolest business I have ever worked at or owned. Everyone receives a huge benefit the customer saves there deductible usually 500 on average Insurance companies save millions per year and I get paid darn good and enjoy doing repairs. So far with well over 5000 repairs I have not seen one fail. Plus it is a truly GREEN business we are saving the environment from windshields in landfills as well as the impact of making a new windshield. It is an honest and fun way to make a darn good living to bad I didn't start this 15 years ago.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: 6.5 months down amazing customers

Post by Dave M »

Would you explain how you manage 5000 repairs in 6.5 months. If you are working 6 days a week, that's 32 repairs per day!?
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Well being I didn't say that nope. I did work for the company 5MRCE at this same mall location for two years as well at the time I was consistently in the top 3 for repairs for them. So between them and me at least that amount of shields but many of them are multiple repairs so actually the total amount of repairs is probably guessing now closer to 8k. I wish I did 5k since I have owned this company. This is why I chose the location I did. Being 15 years established I have yet to do any advertising but GMB approx. 90 percent of my customers come because they know one has always been there. Yesterday was 6 customers some even recognized me from 5MRCE days. May I suggest to you unsure of where you are located? See if one was located in mall by you and try it out. I am only going by what I have read on LinkedIn but my understanding is they went out of business due to embezzlement issues not sales issues. Funny how the universe works I always loved this business but would not have done this if I dint get sick and have two brain surgeries around the same time they were closing down. I am blessed and believe 100 percent that God had a hand in all that happened to me. One door closed and an even better one opened. My sales are great so far but a lot has changed since 5MRCE like Safelite coming to our town directly across the street from me. Being sick and relearning the basics taught me a huge lesson just keep pushing and results will come attitude is all we are truly in control of. Any way I hope you can find the joy I have in this business.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dave M »

My bad! After reading the title of your post and than reading 5000 repairs, I only assumed. I've been doing "repairs only' for 25 years next month. Very happy and satisfied, now mostly part time. Personally I never considered a tent location, sitting outside in subfreezing Maine temperatures for 5 winter months didn't sound appealing to me.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Yeh I should have clarified it better. But I was able to give notice on my other job just 39 days into WSR. I was expecting to do both the first full year but the business took off and I figured I was better off giving energy to this being I love going to work every day. I was able to renegotiate my lease at the mall for the next three years and get a discounted rate in the winter. With one location and my age and health it wont make me rich but it would be quite easy to get location 2 and 3 up. Location 2 will be free of rent on a very busy road and location three is another mall they really want us there and will even do a lease that is only during busy season even on a daily rate. My only concern is training a couple of people who would take this very serious. So for this year I will just grow this location have been talking with a few fleets and insurance agents to drum business up a bit more. I think if one can do 1500-2000 shields a year that is ok money and not that hard of work and very attainable.