ADAS CALIBRATION

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
nixquax
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

ADAS CALIBRATION

Post by nixquax »

I added ADAS Calibration to my WSR small business earlier this year 2023. I've struggled to keep it Real and profitable.
I started doing Windshield Repairs as a business in 2000. It has been a blessing to be able to still perform repairs. My Son also does Repairs and replacement. Are there any Glass guys out there on the Forum who would like to share this Topic? I've seen most of postings on here, I think. I, regrettably was not able to attend Auto Glass week this year in Virginia. Anyone on this forum who did attend and is doing ADAS Calibration? Would be good to discuss what did you learn. Was it really the Auggie that is helping Techs using Mobile only for Static Calibrations? These are questions all of us who do Calibrations would appreciate. So PLEASE let's get it Turned Up and Started.
NixQUAX
Newark CA.
Brent Deines

Re: ADAS CALIBRATION

Post by Brent Deines »

We have looked into doing calibrations as a stand alone service as well. I'm told there are others doing this successfully but so far I haven't talked to anyone who are. nixquax, are you doing mobile calibrations or do customers have to bring the cars to you? Are you concerned about the liability? Are you successfully billing insurance companies? Does your equipment and software allow you to calibrate all makes and models or are there limitations? What motivated you to start offering calibrations? How are you marketing your service? Sorry I don't have any answers at this point, only questions.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
nixquax

Post by nixquax »

Sorry took so long to Reply. Yes I started offering both Static and Dynamic WS Calibrations late fall of last year. We are moving very cautiously due to the nature of the Business. We have only done a few calibrations but are confident we
can be successful. We are insured and have done some insurance work. My partner handles the WS Replacements and I perform the calibrations here in the Bay Area.The equipment I use can be used on most major Asian and American OEM's. However, Tesla does pretty much their own thing. Even though ADAS technology has been here since 2014 or so there are still some myths and training issues that have infused confusion and other problems with the evolving tech. I foresee this tech only growing and expanding with not only EV's, but with Hybrids and ICE autos as well. The latest hot topic is how the COLD affects the batteries in EV's and are reportedly stranding EV drivers. Some of the coldest year round climates in Europe have been adapting and something as simple as a Pre-Warm up, remember those, will help EV
drivers here in Chicago or Buffalo. EV and Hybrid adoption its still "new" problem to most young owners of these vehicles. Thank you for the reply and I will check the forum more often. If you need to contact me you can e-mail me at nrz22@icloud.com. Thanks
NXQX WSR
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. If we decide to move forward I will be in touch!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.