T- Shirts

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
CPR

Post by CPR »

I am ready to get some t-shirts made for my business and would like to see what everyone here is doing. Maybe some of you can post a picture to give me some ideas, I am having a brain freeze trying to come up with a nice design.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Scratchy

Post by GlassStarz »

I went to a local sporting goods store and had them embrorder mine told them what I wanted they typed into thier computor and about a minute I had a dozen options picked one machine stitched em. NO BRAINER! they charged me $5 a shirt had a dozen made shirt cost $7 each by the dozen embroider $5 total $12 each took less than 20 minutes total fixxed 2 employees cars in the lot $80 so the shirts really cost $64 for the dozen
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

I have tshirts with the company name and logo over the heart area in front and: FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIR
ASK ME NOW!
###-###-####
on the back. I got this idea from Coitster. I have not yet landed a job from someone seeing the shirt but it makes landing the insurance job much easier.
THE NEW GUY

tap it!

Post by THE NEW GUY »

Try Zazzle.com if you design your shirts on the computer. Once you get used to their interface, it's pretty simple...pricing is ok too, the more you buy the better the discount.
WIN-1

shirts

Post by WIN-1 »

I bought 5 shirts for $5 ea. They are grey or blue, collared, 2 button, light knit,
short sleeve shirts from WalMart.
Took them to a print shop and spent $6 each add'l to get my company name over the front pocket in 1 inch vinyl letters and WINDSHIELD REPAIR on the back in 3 inch letters. Some of the others sound much nicer, tho.
They look ok w/ some black shorts as a uniform.
Ken
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Firstly,

Nifty addition to the forum. Wonder where Jeff go the idea;)

Now, as for attire, I'm an "old school" kinda guy.

"Dress for Success" is my motto.

For either my webhosting biz or my WSR biz, I normally wear a button down oxford style shirt (with logo on pocket), either short or long sleeved (depending upon weather).

If I am planning to approach prospective "new" accounts, I AM wearing a tie. If I am just doing repairs, I "lose" the tie (else I'll wind up curing the durned thing to someone's windshield;)

T-Shirts, IMO, are great if you are in a relaxed environment, but when it comes to t-shirts, I feel that they should either promote my favorite beverage or be absolutely off-the-wall so that they attract attention immediately!!!!!

I won't post my latest slogan as Jeff would probably censure me, but, if Jeff allows, you can PM me for the latest text that I had printed on my T's.

As well, given the increased awareness towards security, I printed and laminated a "security" badge that shows my pic and company name, so that prospects can "see" that I belong to the company.