Fleet Invoice

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Fleet Invoice

Post by Brent Deines »

DryStar wrote:Brent, I understand your posted comment made but truthfully, aren't all the seasoned techs replies to post made daily on here for newbies (not paying it forward?) None of us are obligated to do so, we just want these new people to do things technically right to help make this industry become more professional.

I suppose I was a little harsh in my response to jhickmans request which I apologize for. If he had sent me a simple PM message... it would've been handled differently. Last thing I want is to be like "Korey" sending out daily copies of my invoices. Just don't have the free time to handle that. That's why I responded that way.

What bothers me the most is many of these newbies seem to find the time to set up websites "Stating they specialize in repair" before they even get their feet wet in this business. Then they ask questions on here they should've already known prior to advertizing that fact.

You can call me old school or a sour grape but that's how I am.
Whether you choose to help someone or not is not my concern, but if that person can get an instant answer rather than doing days, months or years of research like you and I did, he would be foolish not to. What used to take years to research can now be done in a few hours if you are not afraid to ask questions. Therefore in my opinion there is no harm in asking.

My point is simply this. If you don't want to answer a question or help someone out by sending them a copy of your invoice...don't. I just don't see any reason to scold them for asking a question that will likely save them time and money.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by jhickman1 »

Wow there have been alot of post since I was last on.
Brent, I couldnt agree with you more. I dont want anyone to think that I am afraid of work or am not willing to do whatever I have to to make this business a success. Nor do I want you to think I am looking for a hand out. But I would be crazy not to use every opportunity afforded me, like the forum for example.
Candyman I dont have your number, I will email you
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Brent Deines wrote:
DryStar wrote:Brent, I understand your posted comment made but truthfully, aren't all the seasoned techs replies to post made daily on here for newbies (not paying it forward?) None of us are obligated to do so, we just want these new people to do things technically right to help make this industry become more professional.

I suppose I was a little harsh in my response to jhickmans request which I apologize for. If he had sent me a simple PM message... it would've been handled differently. Last thing I want is to be like "Korey" sending out daily copies of my invoices. Just don't have the free time to handle that. That's why I responded that way.

What bothers me the most is many of these newbies seem to find the time to set up websites "Stating they specialize in repair" before they even get their feet wet in this business. Then they ask questions on here they should've already known prior to advertizing that fact.

Whether you choose to help someone or not is not my concern, but if that person can get an instant answer rather than doing days, months or years of research like you and I did, they would be foolish not to. What used to take years to research can now be done in a few hours if you are not afraid to ask questions. Therefore in my opinion there is no harm in asking.

My point is simply this. If you don't want to answer a question or help someone out by sending them a copy of your invoice...don't. I just don't see any reason to scold them for asking a question that will likely save them time and money.
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

Just Chippen Away
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

We "Oldtimers" could sit here and spoon feed you or hold your hand all day long and none if it would be as valuable to you as if you have done your own work the way you like or need it to be for your business...

Just like your first car, If your mom and dad bought it for you, you would not care about it as much, compared to as if you bought it your self and it was a junker, you would still baby it all the time....

Yes, there is lots of info here, and lots of it was spoon feed to a lot of you that could not find it on your own or just did not want to take the time to find it on your own....

We know you have a computer because you are here asking for info most all the time,,,, Buy a cheep program (MS Publisher) and design your own invoices, fliers, B-cards post cards... etc. To have YOUR work printed at your local print shop, you can convert it to a PDF, store it on a flash drive and give it to them for printing.

Please take the time to do things for yourself... We "OLDTIMERS" will appreciate what you have done for yourself and YOUR new venture. We "Oldtimers" would be more willing to give ideas to "help" you, than give you all the work we have already done ourselves....

This is as polite as I can be..... I may need to get the salt out for the next post if you can not get the point.....

OH, by the way, your palms are sweaty and could you give me my spoon back. I need it for another forum... No wait, I need a shovel for that site for the crap I been feeding them.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just Chippen Away