BUSTED!!

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Repair1

The Black Spot!

Post by Repair1 »

Today was one of the best days I
Repair1

BUSTED!!

Post by Repair1 »

O one other small note. Since I had made the trip to fix the one for them and there was nothing to fix. They went into the back and found a couple more for me to do. In the past those cars were off limits until they had gone through the shop. This was a biggie for me!

Now I ask myself should I help spread the word about his ethics or let the dealers do it how would you handle it?

Happy Repairing :wink:

Brian
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

marketing website

Post by Coitster »

WTG Brian,
Its always great when you keep with your ethics and you win over the long run. People being unethical will be caught sooner or later, I just wish it was always sooner rather then later. I am sure you will have this account from now on, as for what to do with other accounts, I personaly have no problem telling your other accounts what he is doing. It is the truth, thats just my opinion. Some may dissagree with me, but I am a real advocite of spreading the truth. :)
David
Coitster
Glass
gold star wsr

Act

Post by gold star wsr »

It would look better for you if you let that customer build you up. ("Let another man praise you, and not you yourself." Proverb)Business people have a network. This is a good time to ask for referrals, and for a letter of recommendation, in which he mentions your integrity about not charging for work you didnt do. Then actively go after they other guy's accounts. But when you approach these potential customers with this letter in your hot little hand, if (and only if) they ask about that remark, you can just say 'yes, well, someone else [no name mentioned]was doing their repairs but he got caught charging for work he didnt perform'. Down-play the details. If they ask "who?", just say "I think you should ask so-and-so". Then change the subject to something more positive, like how good your repairs are, how reliable you are, etc. Let your customer say more about the other guy's fraudulent practices than you say, after all, HE [the customer] was the one who was wronged, not you. You can be pretty sure they will call your customer to find out who the tech was that was cheating him. Most likely, he will be out the door, and you'll be in without even mentioning his name.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I agree with Goldstar about not directly approaching this with other dealers. I don't however see anything wrong with yoou telling the PDR guys, detail guys, interior guys, etc... . Just keeps you from having your integrity brought into question by the other dealers.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

You guys are right, after thinking about it with no beers :lol: I did decide not to say anything. I