Do you say FREE?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Jeremiahswindshieldrepair

Do you say FREE?

Post by Jeremiahswindshieldrepair »

There is a lot of tension between people who say FREE rock chip repair and those who think it is dishonest. What do you say and why do you say it like that.

I say Free rock chip repair because when I signed a contract with State Farm and others I signed that I wouldn't charge the customer AND the insurance company. So if I charge the ins. co. theb it has to be free to the customer. I have had to do free repairs for people who get upset about ot in the past,but I do them happily and quickly so it really doesn't hurt too bad.

what do you do?
crackhead

Re: Do you say FREE?

Post by crackhead »

If "there is a lot of tension between people who say FREE rock chip repair and those who think it is dishonest", then why start a thread to get the quibling started?? It's NOT FREE in a true sense of what that means. It is costing someone. I say, "costs you nothing with qualifying insurance".
I think those riding the "FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIR" bandwagon are giving a bad/cheap/unscrupilous image to our profession.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

crackhead wrote:then why start a thread to get the quibling started?
Hmmm...

I think he's banking on the ability of people on this forum to discuss an issue rationally, give reasons, and not attack.

There's nothing wrong with the question.
Delta Kits, Inc.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

It wasn't an attack....he asked what others say and I stated what I say and gave my honest opinion of the "FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIR" issue and the image I believe it projects. I am one of those who sees it as a dishonest approach. I think it is wrong to lure customers in that way. I didn't say there was anything wrong with his question but he asked it and I answered with my view.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

I didn't say it WAS an attack!

You asked why he started a thread to get the quibbling started. I answered that he banked on members giving reasons, not attacking. You gave your reasons.

I'm not sure what's unclear?

If you still have issues, private message me...otherwise, let's get back to the thread!
Delta Kits, Inc.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

Besides, he already knows that it is an issue with tension. He said so himself. With that in mind, I'm sure he was prepared for an opinion that differed from his own.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I think it's fine to say as long as it is qualified with "with qualified insurance".
Most people are not dumb enough to actually think you are giving away free services. Some may try to con you into believing that's what they think. I don't think anyone's advertising should have to be toned down to accomodate the 1% of the population that are extremely naive or extremely stupid.
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

But why even insult the intelligence of those who already know better?
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

Because free is one of the strongest marketing tools there is. There are probably only two or three words that will catch more attention than free, and none of them can be posted on this board.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Free Windshield repair signs and adverts is the industry accepted way to let the customer know you do insurance work its like the 0% down or 0% interest everyone knows they need to qualify for it a 50 IQ could figure it out.