Current Pricing for Cash Customers

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Sneck

Current Pricing for Cash Customers

Post by Sneck »

Hello everyone,

I would like to keep my pricing in line with the industry for my area, and make comparisons with other areas. So I have a couple questions regarding repair price. I know it should vary from area to area, but here are the questions...

1. How much do you charge a cash customer (no insurance) for a standard chip repair such as a single star or bullseye.

2. How much do you charge a cash customer (no insurance) for multiple breaks on the same windshield?

3. (Optional) - what State do you work in?

I would also like to know if you have given any thought of modifying your price once State Farm stops paying for windshield repair. Would your price go up, down, or remain the same? Or do you not know yet because we really don't know for sure how it will impact the repair industry.

In my situation, I feel as though I have been cheating myself. I am not charging enough. I would like to charge what I feel I am worth. My repairs have improved 110% and turn out PERFECT everytime now. I am charging $35 per repair, plus $10 each additional break (on same windshield).

I am a completely mobile service in a very rural area. Most of my work is done evenings and week-ends. I should probably charge more, but find it difficult as there are a handfull of the FREE guys not too far away doing repairs at the mall and other busy locations.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sneck
CGlenn

Re: Current Pricing for Cash Customers

Post by CGlenn »

Texas

$40
$40-$10-$10
GlasWeldTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Louisiana

$40

$40-$10-$10
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

$50

$50,10,5,5.....

Quebec Canada.

I rarley do insurance repairs(I get calls from insurance but do not bill the insurance co's, I prefer to bill the customer so they don't get any surprises come renewal time), so my pricing is not affected by the insurance companies.

Merci
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

My prices are flexable judge the customer and the type of break and what you feel they will pay I try not to let one get away because of price but also not leave any $ on the table.
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

A couple of things need to be considered when establishing your local pricing. How many competent WSR people are out there every week? Check the prices the real WSR guys are working at and stay close to it or go higher. How much stone damage do you get in your area? If its not too much, then you can set a higher price. Less work means more $ per job. If you get severe stone damage then the price should be a little lower so people can keep coming back without feeling gouged. We are in an area where the stone damage is very frequent. Before we came on the scene a couple of local WSR guys were gouging the customers and burning lots of people out to the service. Some were fly by night with no reciepts and no way to offer a genuine warrantee on repairs.
The key is to have a price that will keep customers coming back over and over. When you see this happening, you have hit the mark. You have to find that exact figure in your area by yourself.
Bois

Post by Bois »

Texas

$40.00
$40.00 / $10.00 / $10.00

I've had people tell me it's too much. I've had others say "that's not bad" or "that's all?"

Scratchy,

I occassionally get people who don't want to get their ws fixed because they say they're just going to get another ding within a week or so. They'd rather wait and get a new ws after a dozen chips or so. To these people I have been offering to repair their next chip free if received within 30 days. What do you think of this tactic? I've only offered this twice with no success.

Dale...
Polkwsr

Post by Polkwsr »

Florida

40 /10/10
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Geeesh!! I work for an Insurance company and it looks like we are paying too much for w/s repairs. If $40-10-10 is the going rate for cash customers, why does my insurance company pay SGC, Lynx and the other networks around $75?

Just kidding!!!! I've never liked discussing prices over the forums but you should think about raising your prices about $20.
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

Its a hard call Dale.
I do offer repeat customer discounts if somebody gets frequent stone chips. I have a couple of people who get about 1 chip every three weeks and the special price they get keeps them coming back.