Where do you find resin?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
David Dixon

window tint

Post by David Dixon »

I have been working as an Independent Contractor in a carwash and am now setting up a tent and working on my own. Any ideas on where resin can be purchased at a reasonable price? :D
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Where do you find resin?

Post by Delta Kits »

David,

Welcome to the forum!

Trying......to........resist..........sales...............urge! ;)

Try searching your favorite search engine under windshield repair, or windshield repair resin, should find a few companies. Be careful with the "bargain" basement resins, you certainly get what you pay for, as many members can attest to.

Also, any of the big suppliers, including Delta Kits, should be able to get you liters if you are doing that much volume, which will save you a ton of money!
Delta Kits, Inc.
GRT

Re: Resin

Post by GRT »

David,

I use Delta's resin and I'm very happy with it. I've tried some samples from other companies and there are a few that are compatible, but there is also lots of junk out there. Whatever you do, DONT use cheap resin our you will be out of business before you know it.

My 2 cents worth,
GRT
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

You can get o.k. results from lots of resins. The problem is there are a lot of o.k. windshield repair guys. If you look into the archives you will find thet there are two or three resins highly recommended. This is the one part of your repair you don't want to skimp on. Even the most expensive resin will only cost you pennies per repair.
David Dixon

Post by David Dixon »

Thanks for your replies. I'll look in the archives and see what others have to say.
David
ChipTechsWSR

Post by ChipTechsWSR »

I have tried other resins other than Delta Kits and was not as happy with the results. As another poster mentioned, buying in bulk is a great money saver. From what I have seen, there is not that much of a difference in price between major resin makers and I wouldn't risk trying cheap resins. For how many repairs that can be done per bottle, the price of the resin is not going to impact your profit margin in any significant way. Unhappy customers might though!
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

David,
My first thought after reading your post was how long have you been doing windshield repairs? Have you already purchased equipment and have you been trained? If your answer is yes, than by gosh you should know were to buy your resin!!
Jeremiahswindshieldrepair

Post by Jeremiahswindshieldrepair »

Delta Kits is my only supplier ... cept for battery powered UV lights (GRRRRR Brent :roll: )

I have trained hundreds of people on windshield repair and have used other systems and Delta Kits is by far the premier system in ease of use and affordability. In fact I wouldn't trade my delta kits resin and bridge for any of the $3000++ systems out there.
Daveycrewcut

Post by Daveycrewcut »

Why does Brian Jeremiah get to advertise his insurance billing & training company on the forum?
Dave Heidbreder
desertstars

What else? Networks

Post by desertstars »

I didn't even notice that, davycrewcut.

You are most observant.

Perhaps brian paid thousands of dollars for that signature.

I just joined the forum a month or so ago.

Yesterday I received a bill for six emoticons.

Be particularly cautious when using them within your posts.

At three bucks apiece, they add up.

Someone better check Jeff's IRS return this year.

Did you know he tools around in a Cadillac STS?