Insurance companies, Networks, and Forum Etiquette

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Nomad
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Insurance companies, Networks, and Forum Etiquette

Post by Nomad »

Exactly my thoughts Brent. I have also tried in the past to convey such thoughts and only ended up getting shot down a few times. I am glad this came to a head and you commented on it. It not only sounds better than what I probably could write but packs a much bigger punch coming from you
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

The only thing I going to say is: Everyone is born stupid, WE all learn as we go..... That is life as we know it.

The big guns that talk hard to the other member forgot they were stupid also before they learned this TRADE.

We all learn from each other if one is willing to teach.

I do not remember being born with and injector in one hand and resin in the other........

I had to learn it being out of a job 17 years ago. It was worth it to this day. That may have been what the other member was up against also. Out of a job and trying to look for one he could feed his family....

I learned by one person and it was his way only. Now days we have lots of teachers to learn from with the internet.
Normaly asking get you the answer but, He was treated like a total outcast.

I did say in another post: You better be a people person and be able to sell yourself. If you look like you are not sure about your self, how can you sell yourself. You are your best or worst advertizer. I do not regret saying that at all. I would say it to anyone face to face...

I can say I saw that coming. I do hope he comes back to try it again and the hotshots think twice before insalting someone again....
screenman

Post by screenman »

I feel like I have my wrist severly slapped.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

Well it needed to be said and I'm glad it came from Brent. When others on this forum have shared those same sentiments, the experts on this forum seem to ignore it. Maybe now it will have some impact.

Some of the veteran posters were bothered by splitpit and how he butted heads with them on different issues. They didn't like how he came across to them.

It's very much the same for a new guy if you belittle him or make him feel stupid with your replies. He won't like your "better than thou" approach to things and will most likely not continue as an active member of the forum.

Now matter how smart, experienced and knowledgeable you are, it really doesn't give you the right to place yourself on higher ground. As it's been said before by several other forum members, we all had to start somewhere.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Can we revoke screenmans award? He just does not sound like the one that received it...
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

My post was not directed at any one person.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Glassdoc

Post by Glassdoc »

Brent and others, while I do see what your are saying to be "desired".. I also believe that the newbies see both sides of the fence.. Its not a road to the bank out here. There are alot of draw backs.. Sure, you can make a living at it.. But, retire?? I do not know of any windshield repair techs, or owner's that have done that yet. I do think that some of the questions are repetitive and could be found using the search feature. But, I also know, that if they get their feelings hurt here, on an online forum.. They will be in tears at the first dealership that throws them to the curb.. They need to realize, its a business, a dog eat dog, cut throat, survival of the fittest business. Nobody is going to give you anything for nothing and no matter how good you are hearing "your price is too high, theres a windshield guy on every corner" still stings.. Its not reality tv folks, its reality life.. Deal with it.
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

I don't think it's a question of whether or not one can deal with it, most can.
The point was, they shouldn't have to on this forum. We all face reality.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Its just a shame that the "real world" has become so coddeled and so afraid to express or hear the truth.We live in a time where the feelings of people are more important than truth or realistic expectations.In the land of PC we can't even critisize a product without hurting feelings and facing delition of honest opinions.What happened to letting the chips fall as they may??Have we become so soft and self centered that a reality check every now and then has become Taboo?? Would anyone on this forum that has truley made a living at this let a strangers comment on an obscure forum determin your future and success?? I doubt it......................get over it...JMHO
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

Some people just thrive on taking a more hardcore approach to things I guess. To each his own.