Business Insurance

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
WIN-1

Coitster: T-Shirts ....

Post by WIN-1 »

I read in the archives where Brian paid $210. for insurance. The agencies I'm talking to won't write anything for less than $1000. a year!
I called RPI as suggested, but they are only brokers. Any help in Texas?
Thanks
Ken
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Business Insurance

Post by Delta Kits »

Ken,

I'm not sure if it's just a typo, but the company is called RLI...You will need to find an agent for them though. Here is an email directly from RLI that may help.
Mr. Higgins,

We offer Windshield Repair as a class of business that can be written in
all states under the In-Home Businessowners Program. Base premiums range
from $150 - $225 depending upon the location of the insured of the primary
residence.
The ISO Businessowners Coverage form , BP 00 03 07 02, is used.

At this time, we do not write coverage direct to insureds. We do, however,
have agents located throughout the Unites States who represent RLI and can
service the policy for the insured. Please contact me for additional
information at 800-526-1754, extension 5424.

Thank you,

Randy Lange
Product Manager
Delta Kits, Inc.
GRT

BTW...

Post by GRT »

Ken,

I found the RLI insurance in the last place I thought to look. My regular home & auto agent. :shock: I'm not sure for Waco but down in southeast Texas Allstate writes it. You have to mention "The Northeast Agencies", because my agent didn't even know he could write it until I told him RLI thru The Northeast Agencies. It costs me $280.00 annually for 500,000 liability. Hope this helps.

Tim- GRT
SGT

Post by SGT »

Win-1,

When you contact R.L.I. you will need to ask for an underwritter in your region for the type of coverage you want. There are various options. Check again in the archives as there were many posts on this topic with I believe specific details on how we handled it. All regions may not have coverage and the premiums may vary. You will have talk to them on the specifics. Hope this helps somewhat.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

This Forum is a Godsend!
Because of it, David Coit of Dallas ( the man is a Saint!) spent 2 days training me on both repair AND marketing strategy ( Many thanks, Sir!) and the link to business insurance from Jeff Higgins will get me insured for $216 a year instead of a month. ?:~D
I am almost ready to hang out my Shingle?:~)
I'm now DBA as ChipAway Windshield Repair.
Thanks for the private posts and advice from all!
Ken
socal

networks

Post by socal »

Just a note on the RLI insurance. You can print all the information you need off their website. Then call them send a check and your insured. It's really easy, you can start at this page. http://www.rlicorp.com/products/ihb.asp

Hope this helps.

Jeff
mepoozer

RLI insurance

Post by mepoozer »

Hello- Just thought I would put in my experience with RLI- I called them from a referral on this board and they were very nice, polite and helpful! I checked with my agent who handles auto ins. and it was approx. $175 every three months. RLI is $150 for the full year and has 300,000 liability and 5,00 personal property coverage. They are sending me the form to fill out and I will send them a check and it's covered!!!
Thank You so much for having this forum!!! It's very informative and helpful and friendly!!!! Thank You everyone, Karen
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

Hi Karen
I noticed Lynx requires $500,000 and that they be listed as Add'l insured.
Is that what you determined, also?
Ken
WIN-1

gold

Post by WIN-1 »

I called Randy Lange again w/ RLI.
She said they can't add Lynx as add'l insured, but Lynx is aware of that fact.
Ken
mepoozer

Trying to get business going-any suggestions?

Post by mepoozer »

I am totally new to this and don't know exactly what kind of insurance to get but with the State Farm paper work I recieved to be on their offer and acceptance list I have to have the$ 500,000 insurance and that has a $5,000 insurance for tools or whatever, like personal property in case of theft or whatever. I'm not exactly sure though cause I'm confused on this whole insurance thing. I was under the impression that if you did a repair for someone insured and called the copmpany at the time and got the approval it was covered----- I guess not though-each place seems to have their own rules...
I did call RLI and got the best quote I coulkd imagine! It's actually underwritten by American Express... Don't know if this helps but hope it does.. Karen