B2B marketing

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
gaf

Actually ...

Post by gaf »

Do any of you go business to business and just hand out flyers? If so is this a very effective way for you to get repairs. and what is your approach?
Thanks in advance for your input
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

T-Shirts

Post by Coitster »

Hey Gaf,
I get a lot of business B to B. I don't recomend handing out flyers. Has never worked. Personaly if you find out how owns the car and can't get them to buy right then, I then ask permission to fax them one of my flyers. If they say yes I then fax them a sales letter, about 4 pages long. I do get a lot of call backs on those. Flyers don't give you a chance to explain how your service works. WinFax is a great software program for this. It also gives you a chance to send them a monthley newsletter to then via-fax. Special note here, you must get permission to do this first. They usualy say yes if you do a really good job on your repair and impress them. This is one of the ways I do it, I am sure there a lots of different ways other people do it.
David
Coitster
WIN-1

BtoB

Post by WIN-1 »

My competition in town uses telephone solicitation. I guess he got AARP's maiiling list, he only seems to call senior citizens, but he apparently calls everybody frequently.
I wonder how kids delivering door to door circulars might work.
Ken
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

B2B

Post by Coitster »

Ken,
I used to run a telemarketing rooms for glass companies. It's not as awsome as you may think it is. Yes it works, but you really need a dialer to make it work. Also the idea is when you go B2B is to first find which vehicles have chips in the parking lot, then go find who owns them. Now there are going to be vehicles you can't find the owners too. Then I recommend you leave a flyer but only then. I use this technique to get business and I usualy get 5 to 8 insurance jobs a day. Thats $250 to $400 a day. Now what I have to do is convince my wife to let me work 5 days every week. :) When you come to Dallas I will share the rest of what I do with you.
David
Coitster
gaf

B2B

Post by gaf »

thanks for the replies I am really trying to find something that will work for me