mobile or onsite

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
jac59

mobile or onsite

Post by jac59 »

Just asking who is mobiling while doing H/Ls or you on site restoring.
Canopy on site?
whats your best way to get their Attention? Im tired setting out till someone shows up onsite looks like best time after 2 clock or after work hours.
whats your ideals if any.
chips1144

Re: mobile or onsite

Post by chips1144 »

Im not doing headlights as such but I believe you have to go looking for the work, It wont come looking for you. You have to be a salesman because not all people with bad headlights realize they have them or know they can be repaired.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I guess if you were set up somewhere you could drop a nice flyer to each car that has bad light? Im not a fan of stuff on my car but I know some do it to bring buisness to thier WR tents dont see why it wouldnt work for Headlights
Myself I like being mobile would get bored stupid sitting and waiting unless my tent is set up poolside
jac59

Post by jac59 »

As i set up i have had few come by asking for my card and a mobile detail guy asking for a stack of cards which has has said people asked him if he knows someone fix h/l's.
I would say i make a lot more than working for myself onsite than working for someone. I just started this past week with a 3x4 banner on each side on the corner of a 4way stop seems that im getting notice. guess as time goes by i will pick up more work and and other locations to setup.
To sum it all up i love this kind of work it has been the best and easiest that i ever had in my life time lol.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

I would bet the "mobile retail" guy will soon be offering the service.In my opinion and experience with sales and service a game plan to go after business and contact people regularly on a schedule or routine is far superior $$$$$$$$$$$$ to just setting up a location and waiting for some one to happen by.You have to beat the streets and actively go after your accounts and business.Its harder to do than just put out a sign by the road and wait but then rewards are 10 fold.............