The new guy

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
dwilkie
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Business Cars

Post by dwilkie »

hello everyone,
Im new to the business and am trying to decide what system to buy and where to get training. Ive noticed alot of you guys really like the Delta kits, but ive been researching and was wondering if anyone knows about Rightlook out in CA,(http://www.rightlook.com) or anything about U.S. Windshield Repair,(http://www.windshieldrepair.com). They both have the same equipment. They seem to be a little priceier than others but everything seems to be top quality. I dont mind spending the extra doe to get the best equipment and training. Videos are out of the question. Any info will be helpful. This is a great forum by the way. Have learned alot already. Its been a big help.

Thanks,

Daniel Wilkie
Coitster

The new guy

Post by Coitster »

Hey Daniel,
Well to start out, you need to know that Delta Kits is a windshield repair only company. They design their own system and thats all. The Rightlook is basicly a school for Paintless Dent Repair and Auto Detailing. They teach glass repair as a sideline. Also they don't manufacture their system, they just buy it from someone else. They resell to you with a good mark up. If you have problems they would have to call the manufacture after you asked them about the problem and then get back to you about it later, after they learn the answer. I personal have experiance with programs like this. I can't speak for Rightlook with anygreat detail however I went to a school for Paintless Dent Repair in Kansas that offered the same stuff that Rightlook was doing. They advertised glass repair and when I personaly got the the school the instructors didn't even know how to fix glass.
Granted I was going their to learn PDR but I did spend a full-day with them teaching them how to fix glass. My personaly recommendation is to use the Delta Kit. Its inexpensive, extreamly easy to use. And most important you are dealing with the manufacturer and not some reseller looking to mark a product up and sell it to you. Thats my 2 cents.
David
Coitster
Glass
dwilkie

the new guy

Post by dwilkie »

thx david,
Good point, but what about U.S. Windshield Repair. They are a shop and windshield repair is all they do. and they are the manufacturers of the equipment. They are actually the manufacturer of rightlooks equipment.

Thanks alot
Daniel Wilkie
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Daniel,
Their equipment is fine. I have nothing bad to say about it. It all comes down to personal prefferance. I can tell you this. I have fixed chips for 11 years and I have come across lots of great equipment. I personaly like Delta because of the fact it's so easy to use and understand. Also remember you are getting started in a business. You need to keep your costs low. Delta will help you do that with awsome quality.
David
Coitster
Glass