Am I missing the forest because of the trees?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Mike.

I've been observing the NWRA since their 1994 inception 90 miles from my location.

I can't agree with an expensive "certification" that doesn't involve a hands-on test.

As I understand it, they still offer nothing more than a written test in order to qualify a technician.

I continue to maintain that lack of certification and rampant steering are the two major problems in our industry.

If and when the NWRA addresses those problems with bull-feet, I'll be one of the first to jump on board.

We wouldn't need to make a choice between customer-billing and network affiliation if there was a level playing field.

Perhaps in the early days their promotion of w/s repair as a legitimate profession was necessary. Today, it is an accepted method of saving a windshield even fostered by the insurance companies.

I haven't checked them out lately. Is there any proactivity toward solving either or both of those problems?