Bronze colored star?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
sydfloyd44

DON'T wash the windshield!

Post by sydfloyd44 »

I agree with Coitster. I have used the tinted resins and the results with it are extremely limited. Typically the discoloration in the tinted band goes outside of the area of the damage and their is no way to get the tint to it. Nothing wrong with using it though (that I am aware of).
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

analyzing star breaks and combinations

Post by GlassStarz »

I came to the repair buisness from 20 plus years in auto sales (got tired of working for someone else and being captive) The old school car dogs that used to put thick oil in a car or sawdust in the rearend to short term quiet the problem without really fixxing it also have a trick to make the star go away the day before the auction. You get the windshield hot (defoger) then place a drop of transmission fluid on the break as the windshield cools it pulls the trany fluid into the break it hides the break for a few weeks then it turns a ugly bronze or copper color as it ages. Unfortunatly it is then impossible to get out of the break. Just another sneaky low down used car guy trick to defraud the customer.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

sales tax

Post by Delta Kits »

GlassStarz wrote:place a drop of transmission fluid on the break as the windshield cools it pulls the trany fluid into the break it hides the break for a few weeks then it turns a ugly bronze or copper color as it ages. Unfortunatly it is then impossible to get out of the break. Just another sneaky low down used car guy trick to defraud the customer.
Wow! I have never heard of that one! It's crazy what people will do sometimes...

Welcome to the forums GlassStarz!
Delta Kits, Inc.
desertstars

HUH?

Post by desertstars »

Jeez, Glassstarz. That really sounds like it answered the original question. That's a new one on me. Were there any other tricks they used to mask w/s damage?

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum.

I also agree with Coitster and Sydfloyd concerning tinted resins. Even before they arrived on the scene, I never had a customer complain about repairs in those shaded areas.

And, after using them, I didn't find the results that satisfying.