New Forum for sales and marketing only?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.

Should there be a special forum just for windshiled repair sales and marketing help?

Poll ended at December 1st, 2008, 2:46 pm

Yes
64%
No
30%
Don't Care
6%

Total votes: 33

Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

New Forum for sales and marketing only?

Post by Brent Deines »

Should we create a new forum for windshield repair sales and marketing help only?

I would like the opinion of as many members as possible on this one.

The poll will close in 10 days, so please cast your vote soon.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Layne

Re: New Forum for sales and marketing only?

Post by Layne »

Yep...It would be beneficial to many of us.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

It indeed would benefit many. Like we mentioned so many times before, the downside to that, due to its public nature, many others will be reading it as well.
For example the ''big'' names in our trade. Also; the insurance company workers. Are they willing to share their marketing with us? Of course they dont and for obvious reasons. Why would we want to go that public with our marketing methods? I for myself certainly would think twice, however, to PM a fellow member is okay. And we already have the PM option offered at this wonderful forum right? Just my opinion.....
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Whether we start a new forum or not I think the key is to make every topic title as specific as possible, and to try to stay on topic. If we do that searches will bring up relevant posts.

I want to clarify two points

1) The new forum would not be a separate website, but another forum on this board, just like the Headlight Restoration forum or the Water Cooler forum.

2) The moderation would not be any different than it is on any of the other forums on this board.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Wago

Post by Wago »

I say "NO" to the question "Should a new forum be formed for Sales and Marketing.

Wally
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Blind Squirrel wrote:As it appears that this new forum idea will go forward, I would like to offer the suggestion that someone go back and pull up the relevent posts that are scattered around the forum and organize them into coherent categories. It might surprise us that there's nothing much to say that hasn't been said.
This isn't meant to be negative because I, as much as anyone would like to see an ongoing thread where techs can keep "plugged in" keeping in touch with each other, especially on the subject of prospecting, presentling, and selling!
So are you volunteering for the job? I think it is a great idea, but the amount of work involved in a project like that is a bit more than I am willing to take on at the moment. Maybe someday when I have a week with nothing better to do, or maybe that would be a good project for one of my employees over the Christmas break. If the topic titles are relevant the search feature works quite well. I can combine topics, but whenever I do that someone accuses me of deleting a topic that they are used to searching for under a different topic title.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ChipStop

Post by ChipStop »

I suggest a new forum for "Business Development" Offering concepts on sales and Marketing for all the other forums, including WSR. many concepts are transferable. Are we giving away trade secrets? Absolutely Not! What we are doing is providing a forum for the Newbie, or for the Old timer, to get ideas, tips, and learn to make his/her business work for them. There will always be competition, and that competition will make us stronger, and better at our craft. My vote is YES for a new forum, but one that includes all the other business as well.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I think the forum is fine the way it is spiltting things like marketing off doesnt make much sense little enough new happens there already
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

I am of the opinion that a sales and marketing forum would be beneficial to us green peas. It would cut down on the amount of time we spend using the search feature to find threads and post on these two subjects.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

yup wouldnt want you looking through the archives and learning from all the stuff there or seeing that some questions that have been answered over and over again.
Not to be a pain but the arguement that it saves you from using the search mode doesnt wash thats what it is for