New Forum for sales and marketing only?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.

Should there be a special forum just for windshiled repair sales and marketing help?

Poll ended at December 1st, 2008, 2:46 pm

Yes
64%
No
30%
Don't Care
6%

Total votes: 33

Dr.Chipster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: New Forum for sales and marketing only?

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Hey the question was asked and I answered the question. No need for negative response.
Ridge Runner

Post by Ridge Runner »

Brent Deines wrote:Should we create a new forum for windshield repair sales and marketing help only?

I would like the opinion of as many members as possible on this one.

The poll will close in 10 days, so please cast your vote soon.
" I would like the opinion of as many members as possible on this one"
337 views,33 votes. Only 10% of viewers voted,of which 2 ( 6% ) didn't care. Did the 304 viewers ( 90% )
who did not vote,just not care? Brent,with such a high level of apathy,maybe the new forum isn't
needed after all. ChipStop,I believe you had a good idea. Hope you,Blind Squirrel & all others with
tried & proven ideas will continue to post them even if new forum doesn't happen. I believe there
will be a lot more interest shown once it's up and running. As another member used to say," that's
just my two cents worth".
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I would have liked to see more votes as well, but the fact is that only 1%-3% of forum members post on a regular basis, which is about how many people voted. Of those that voted it is pretty clear that the majority think having a separate forum for sales and marketing topics is a good idea. That being the case I think it is worth a try. If it does not work I can combine all the posts from that forum with the main windshield repair forum, so I don't think there is any harm in trying.

I still have a few decisions to make before implementing the change, but unless someone can convince me otherwise I'll try to have the new forum up and running in a week or two.

Again, I hope there are no misunderstandings about the fact that the new forum will be on this same board, so there will be no need to log in to a different site.

A very sincere thank you to all of you who participated in this poll. I hope to use similar polls to help me implement future changes to the forum that are welcomed by the majority of the members of this board.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

The new Business Development forum was implemented today. I've moved a couple of topics from the Windshield Repair Forum in here to get things started, and can move more as forum members point out topics that are probably better suited to this forum. I am leaving shadows of the moved topics in the Windshield repair forum so it will be less confusing.

For those of you who did not think we needed a new forum, please try to keep an open mind and see how things go. As I said before, we can always revert back to a single forum for all Windshield Repair issues if this does not work out like we hope it will.

Thank you.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Congratulations with the newly added Forum. Let's make it a helpfull aid for all fellow repairers who are in need.
FrogKnowledge

Post by FrogKnowledge »

Thats funny I am new on here and I thought Business Development was for Sales and Marketing and I was just reading threw the topics thinking this needs to be cleaned up.

YES YES YES and sale and Marketing board that only discussed those things would be great.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Unfortunately there are no clear cut lines. For instance, your post and my reply should probably be in the "forum feedback" forum, but it also fits here. The business development sub-forum is typically reserved for the business side of the industry, such as sales, marketing, insurance billing, etc., but that does not mean you won't find posts on these topics in the windshield repair main forum. Many technicians prefer to post only to the main windhshield repair forum because they know that is where most windshield repair forum members hang out.

If you think something needs to be moved from the business development forum to the main windshield repair forum you can shoot me an e-mail and I'll review it. There are not however enough hours in the day to properly catagorize every single post, so it's not likely all the posts in the main windshield repair forum will be moved into the business development forum. That would just cause a landslide of forum members wondering where their post went.

I will have the moderators start moving new posts a bit more often if they feel they are not in the right forum. Thanks for the feedback.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.