New Website... Let me know what you think.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
wisecrackwr

Texas Sales Tax on WR?

Post by wisecrackwr »

Hello all,
This is Chris with WiseCrack Windshields, LLC. in Beaverton, OR. How's everone doing? It's been a while since I have been able to get to this web forum but I am now going to make it a part of my daily schedule. Anyways, I just put together a website for my company and am in dier need of some analysis by you guys. Please give me your opinions, questions, and comments if you could be so kind. I have a link to my e-mail on the site and you are always free to give me a call. Here is the site: http://www.wisecrackw.com Just so you guys and gals know, I have no previous experience in websites. If any of you would be interested in having one put together customized to your business at a very affordable price, feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to assist you!

Sincerely,
Christopher R. Farrell
Owner/Operator
WiseCrack Winshields, LLC. :D
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

New Website... Let me know what you think.

Post by Dave M »

Chris,
Looks very nice, I like the the wisecrack that follows the mouse arrow.

Have you had to repair for no charge because an insurance company would not waive a deductible?
wisecrackwr

Post by wisecrackwr »

No I have not, But in the very unlikey case that an insurance company doesn't waive the deductable then I would be more than happy to take care of the customer free of charge ( it probablly won't ever happen).
wisecrackwr

hmmm... It is probably a great time to start!

Post by wisecrackwr »

Quick question... has anyone ran across a insurance company that would not waive the deductable for Repairs? :?

http://www.WISECRACKW.com

Thanks,
gaf

Post by gaf »

The site looks pretty nice but I would lose the wisecrack that follows your cursor that is what professional designers call "vlevet elvis" or "eye candy"
It kind of gets in the way sometimes when you are trying to read your site. JMO I am pretty comfortable with web design and I am currently working on my site if I can be of any assistance just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
wisecrackwr

ok

Post by wisecrackwr »

Thanks for the input, it is truely helpful. Any other suggestions for appearence? I am sure there is a few ideas out there. Please let me know; it would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.wisecrackw.com
Sincerely,
Dave M

forest for the trees

Post by Dave M »

I just had an Insurance Co. refuse to waive a customers $500 deductible. First time in 11 years! Hope it's not a sign of things to come.
What really bugged me was the customer wanting to pay $300 to replace his w/s instead of $60 for a repair. I tried every selling point for a repair as opposed to replacement but still lost the job.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Dave,

What insurance company was that?

Also, have you had experience with that insurance company before?
Delta Kits, Inc.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Jeff,
Without sounding like a fool, I can't for the life of me remember the name of that particular ins. co. It must have been a brain fart because it has been driving me nuts that I did not write down the name. I do remember that I had to ask the insured twice for the ins. co. name because I had never heard of them. Sorry!!
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Hey guys,
About the post in regards to an insurance company not covering a chip repair. Sure happens to me all the time. In texas there are lots of very, very little insurance companies who don't cover chip repair. All the major ones do.... but if they are super tiny or are considered one of the cut-rate insurance companies in many cases they won't cover it. It's not a trend don't worry about it, they will eventualy come around and see the wisdome of covering a chip repair.
David
Coitster
Glass