Where\'s the tape ??!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
boyd

Post by boyd »

David, thanks for making all of us better repairman. You are a good man.
I'm talking about the clear pit. Now, where can I get the tape?
Can I buy it somewhere besides a w/s repair co.? I've found I can buy almost all of my supplies cheaper at other places. Many of these guys think they can put the name "windshield repair" in front of any item and all of the sudden it increases in price by 200%.
Thanks,
BOYD
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Where's the tape ??!!

Post by Delta Kits »

Boyd,

Yep, you caught us! That's how we make all our money, selling you 100 foot rolls of curing tape for $3.25!

:)
Delta Kits, Inc.
Coitster

Re: Tape

Post by Coitster »

Jeff,
SSsshhhh you arne't supposed to tell them how much profit there is in tape. They might take your christmas bonus. :lol:
David
Coitster
Glass
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Hey Boyd,
No prob man. I would however buy the rolled curring tape form Delta. I have 3 roles and it takes me litteraly hundreds of repairs to use a single role of tape. It just easyer to use that. Besides it is better then using surran wrap.
David
Coitster
Glass
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

from what I understand, many of the "saran" type plastic products have some sort of UV filtering to hellp keep your fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches fresh. If this is the case, the UV filtering would impede the curing process, eh?
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Hey Dave,
You are absolutly correct. Many Suran Wraps do have UV blockers thats why I don't recomnd them. Some don't but most do, they think because it looks like the UV curing tape they are the same and they are NOT. For this techinque to work you need to have the curing tape, the roll of it.
David
Coitster
Glass
boyd

Post by boyd »

Ok ok. I feel badlly. Sorry about the Christmas bonus. I'd pay for the advice. To be honest I've never been to your sales site. I'll be there in about 10 minutes to purchase some tape. I've been to many sites that sale $2.50 "windhield bit" that can be bought from dental suupplies for 1.20 or better than that curing film for .25 for a 1"square. Or one of the best I've seen the w/s drill. The ole Dremel which sells in Walmart for $25
sales for 50 on repair shops. Anyway ... I'd gladly pay much more for the friendly advice you guys give. Thanks for your service. Gotta go and buy my tape.
BOYD
benfish

"Don't pass up ANY business!"

Post by benfish »

Hey guys:

You can't get hurt buying tape, but I use something different just because it works better. I buy clear packaging tape (2" wide). Peel off about 3 inches, then fold it over so sticky side is against sticky side, take a pair of scissors and trim it to a circle about 1 1/2 inches across.

It works better than most commercial tape for me because it is just slightly more flexible, so it leaves the surface of the repair just an infinitesimal degree below the surface. Very little polishing necessary! On a big pit, you may have to make two applications, or the repair may be too far below the surface.

Peace & Plenty,
benfish