marketing

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
glasman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by glasman »

i am in south carolina,laurens i have been advertising in two local papers for the past two weeks but not even a call for any job which is the best way to get customers
auto glass repair
boyd

Re: Chipsavers

Post by boyd »

My philosophy 10 years ago was to build my business slow. I started the first year with car lots. For learning purposes and to teach myself to deal with tough people. Second year I joined glass networks such as Lynx and Safelite. The next year I did yellow pages. Now 10 years later I have stopped all the above and work with 2 glass replacement shops. Here's the deal I have with them. They forward me all their calls for repairs and I send them all the repairs that need replacements. They are on with the insurance co.'s. I do the work for them and they pay me $40.00 cash for the repair. I do them at their shop. No paper work for me and no waiting for my $. Another advertisement that has paid for itself many times over is advertising on my van. I learned through the yellow pages that you spend alot of $ and much time with crazy people. Disclaimer: I do this business part time. I'm a school teacher. I average 2 repairs a day. You can't make a living with 2 repairs a day. However, definately get a relationship with a glass shop. People will be asking you where to go for a replacement, water leaks, side windows, mirrors etc..... You might as well get something out of it. I've found the you help me and I'll help you plan works the best.

Good Luck and go slow. YOu only get one chance at a first impression. Don't try to be a miracle worker. Only do the ones that will make you look good and help them. Stay away from long cracks. They are temping and I've done a few. It's usually not good advertising for yourself.

BOYD
boyd

Post by boyd »

I almost forgot one I did about 2 years ago that's still paying off. We have 5 Shell lubes in town and they have business cards all over town, at the minute marts, mc donalds.s and just about everywhere. ON their cards it says $3 off oil change with this card. I approached the owner that he was only using 50% of his card. He said no I'm using all of it. At this time I turned the card over and it was blank on the opposite side. He just looked. So here's the deal. I bought the 250,000 cards for about $250 and he distributes them. Find someone in your town who advertises alot with business cards. Buy their cards for them and put your name on the back and they pass them out for you. I also did this for the glass shops I work with. I buy thier cards and they pass them out. I like it.

BOYD