Any one in Florida?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
mepoozer

Post by mepoozer »

Hello all- We live in Colorado and have a dream of living in Northern Florida when the kids are grown and gone, kinda retiring in a way but was wondering if there is a need for windshield repair there or not? Here we have the sand and salt and rocks that get thrown on windshields but don't know about there. Any input ? Thank You, Karen
ARG

insurance

Post by ARG »

Karen:

While I'm from Oklahoma City and have never been to Florida, I can tell you work should be great. Recently I repaired a windshield for a gentleman who was visiting here from Florida. He told be under state law insurance companies in Florida can not offer a deductible on windshields; it must be zero. Further he stated that police monitor vehicles for cracked windshields.

I filed the repair with his insurance company and they paid very quickly.

Good Luck,

ARG
mepoozer

Anyone in Florida

Post by mepoozer »

Thank You- We are just checking out the possibilities for the hopefully near future. Thanks for the input, Karen
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

Karen,

I also am not in Florida, nor have I ever been there. However, I have been told the same thing that ARG posted regarding windshields in Florida.

Because of this, you should have no problem establishing a good business any place in that state, especially since when you finally do move there, you have a couple of years experience.

I wish you success. Grace
mepoozer

Windshields in Florida

Post by mepoozer »

Thank You Grace!!!!