Newbie here with some questions...

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brad
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Newbie here with some questions...

Post by Brad »

Hello all! First off, I would like to say how great these forums are for information! Thank you!

I am working on my business plan right now to start up a WSR business in my area and I am trying to figure out my actual investment cost. A few questions I have are:

1. What brand of tools have you used and recommend?
2. Does anyone have any comparison experience with Delta Kits vs Glass Technologies? <--I expect most people here will say Delta. ;)
3. What training program is the best?
-----a. Is there any certifications that are industry wide, or are they all just with that particular manufacturer?
-----For example: In the automotive repair world it would be the difference between ASE certification vs. Ford Blue Oval program.
4. Which kit is good for starting up and what are the key items to make sure each kit has?

I appreciate everyone's time in regards to these matters.
Brad
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Newbie here with some questions...

Post by t4k »

Have you used the search feature of this forum? It is located in the upper right of this screen. Simply enter your key words and you will find threads that go back years and all your questions will be answered. Good luck on your search!
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Welcome Brad, all your questions have already been answered here on this very forum.
I am not sure if most members are actually DK users, I do know that some are with GW, others with GT, others use a mix, but who cares?
There are many, many subjects that are not specifically related to a certain system, fact is that this forum is the largest wsr forum in the world and that makes it the place to be -simply because of the high number of active and involved members.

I am not going to recommend any system over another, that is too personal.
Just do your home work (visiting this forum is part of that, doing a search is another important step), there is a lot of information available on this forum.

Korey, a DK worker, recently explained (in a very nice fashion) how to do a search on this forum (it is a youtube kinda movie).
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Welcome to the windshield repair forum. Over the years there has been a debate of which windshield repair system is the best and I do not think there is a consensus, but there are numerous pros and cons to every system.

Below is a tutorial video illustrating how to search the windshield repair forum.

Lastly, I recommend that you to call into Delta Kits at your earliest convenience so I can thoroughly explain the benefits of our windshield repair system and answer any questions that you may have.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brad

Post by Brad »

I understand how to search, and I did, but I didn't come up with much.

Thanks anyway.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Brad,
Welcome to the forum. You will find a huge variety of info here.
I will be the first to exclaim that Delta Kits has a very Solid, very Simplified equipment lineup!
We use daily the EZK-121 kit and get Perfect repairs eavery time. Korey, Brent and others at Delta Kits service their customers with Top Customer Service!
I would encourage you to call Korey ASAP!

I would at least take everything into consideration such as , Customer Service, Simplicity (there is no need for unnecessary pumps & hoses), Price , Quality!

Good Luck!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Brad

Post by Brad »

Time2Shine wrote:Brad,
Welcome to the forum. You will find a huge variety of info here.
I will be the first to exclaim that Delta Kits has a very Solid, very Simplified equipment lineup!
We use daily the EZK-121 kit and get Perfect repairs eavery time. Korey, Brent and others at Delta Kits service their customers with Top Customer Service!
I would encourage you to call Korey ASAP!

I would at least take everything into consideration such as , Customer Service, Simplicity (there is no need for unnecessary pumps & hoses), Price , Quality!

Good Luck!
Thank you very much for your reply. This is the type of information I am looking for, current personal experience directly related to my questions.

Thank you again, I will be sure to call them. Have a good weekend!
quietman

Post by quietman »

I feel that the best all arround repair system is Delta Kits and I've uses a few of the other ones. Delta Kit bridges take the guess work out of how much vacuum and pressure to use while repairing. It's the best bridge for a "Newbie" in my opinion.