Networks

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Networks

Post by Brent Deines »

I have no way to know how many jobs I lost to steering over the years, but I imagine it was quite a few. Like you, my regular customers or anyone I had in front of me when the call was made would not allow it to happen, but there were plenty who would have come to me but figured the insurance company was looking out for their best interest. What they did not know was that the insurance company negotiates for the lowest "average" price, not the highest quality. To be fair, it's pretty hard to shop for quality when it comes to windshield repair and even replacement. Just because you pay more does not mean you will get a better job, so other than price, insurance companies have to rely on surveys and sales pitches to choose which companies to recommend.

I don't bash on the insurance companies for their business practices. They are in business to make money and the only way they can do that is to attract customers with low prices and good customer service. When shopping for insurance very few people will ask if they can take their car to anyone they want, or if their windshield is broken beyond repair if the replacement glass will be the same brand that came with the car. All that is usually asked for is the cost of the insurance. I do however think that the typical customer is very uninformed and might make different choices if they knew the whole story. It's up to us to educate our customers, but it is not always easy to get a customer to listen to us when their insurance company is telling them something different. They not only trust their insurance company but are afraid of their rates going up if they don't do exactly as they are advised.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Wow I have never gotten a referral from the networks. I am on Lynx and i am the only shop for 30 miles in any direction.

To the original question. I tried to bill directly to an agent when I first started a couple months ago before i was on any network and the agent laughed at me. And refused to pay it. So I took a loss.
windshieldwiz

Post by windshieldwiz »

If anyone states they get 70 plus ref each month I doubt I listen to anything else they say....They have said enough !!!!
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

not sure what that means, is that a good thing?
paul
CV Windshield Repair

Post by CV Windshield Repair »

bullseyeben wrote: by bullseyeben » 30 Jul 2009 12:53
Wow I have never gotten a referral from the networks. I am on Lynx and i am the only shop for 30 miles in any direction.
If you have a signed invoice by an insured who has full coverage and the insurance company pays for rock chips there is no way the agent can tell you he will not pay for it. If I were you I would send a copy of the invoice to the insurance company with a letter stating that payment is past due.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I'm going to add my 2 cents.......

The networks are very confusing, and I think the people that work there are just as confused as us "Repair People".

When I signed up with Lynx back in 2006, I never got a call. I went online and logged into my account and figured out why I wasn't getting any calls. You have to set your Radius, and you have to make sure you're approved in their system to work with the Insurance Companies they're associated with....

2007 I averaged 7 referrals a week (that I answered) and these were mainly Allstate claims.......

2008 I averaged 6 referrals a week (that I answered) and these were Allstate, State Farm, and a couple other Ins Co.

2009 I average about 10 a week and 99.99% are State Farm, I've had 5 Referrals from Allstate this year......

SGC/Safelite I don't get anything from them.....

I still use them, because it just keeps everything organized. I have had a few Customers frown on the idea that they had to call their provider and complete the claim process. But, they usually still do it......

As far as processing, I use Datatranz Software. I just open this program and fill out the order and hit submit and it sends it over to whoever it needs to go to. It takes about 2 weeks to get paid. If I'm getting $50 from the Insurance, Datatranz charges $.99 per transaction, plus you have to purchase the software annually.

There's Pros and Cons, but I think it comes down to a Company's needs....

I will continue to use them, but again, that's my opinion.....

JJH