Just ordered my kit!!!

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
rscatoe

Just ordered my kit!!!

Post by rscatoe »

I have been looking into windshield repair for a few months now. I finally ordered my repair kit today. I ordered the EZK-125 Silver Anniverssary Repair System and the HLPRO202 Platinum Headlight Restoration Kit. I spoke with Tammy on the phone for quite a while, and she was very helpful. She missed the UPS truck while I was placing the order, so she sent one of the guys to the UPS store to ship my package. She was great! She made me feel very comfortable with my decision to purchase a Delta Kit.

I manage an auto parts store, and today one of our limosine companies priced a set of headlights for their Lincoln Town Car. They were $250 each and had to be factory ordered. I asked why he was buying both. He said the lenses were all yellowed. He had bought some paste to clean the lenses, and it didn't work. I told him I was starting a sideline business restoring headlights, and I was planning on having the tools I need by next weekend. I told him I could fix his headlights for a fraction of what new ones would cost. I got my first customer lined up before I even got my tools. How awesome is that?

I already have another home based business, so I know all about EIN's, business licenses, incorporating, and all that stuff. Liability insurance has been the hardest thing for me to find. I spoke to a local agent, and she said she couldn't write a policy for less than $700-$800 a year. I have browsed this forum for weeks, and I think I should be able to find a policy for less than $200 a year. Tammy gave a number for RLI, so I will call them next week.

I would also like to hear more about pricing. I know that windhshields generally run $60+$10+$10. What about headlight repair? I told my customer $50, but Tammy told me Delta charges $100 with a $25 coupon for a referral. Also, what kind of pricing to you give to fleet customers?

I am looking forward to getting into winshield repair. I welcome any tips or advice anyone wants to offer. Thanks for your help!

I am excited to get started in this business, and I welcome any advice anyone can offer.

Steven Catoe
SOS Glass Repair
"Service on the Spot!"
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Just ordered my kit!!!

Post by Kgobin »

Rscatoe, Thank you for your order and welcome to the forum. You’ll find that our products will enhance your quality and productivity in windshield repair and headlight restoration industry. They are well-crafted, enduring, and unique—the best that money can buy. Your purchase marks you as someone on the leading edge in the windshield repair and headlight restoration industry. Thanks for choosing Delta Kits, award-winning equipment. Tammy and rest of our staff are very kind and always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. We are only successful if you are successful!

A lot of people always ask what is the difference between Delta Kits Headlight Restoration System and a Big Box Store’s system so below is a short video displaying the results. Also, this is a great way to show potential customers what your system is capable of doing and how it measures up against the competition.

Once again welcome to the forum!

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
rscatoe

Post by rscatoe »

I priced another set of headlights today for a 99 Cougar today. They were over $200 each. I told my customer I could restore his lenses for $50. He was one of our best commercial accounts, and it was his daughter's car. Normally I think I should charge $75 a pair. I have another job lined up for this weekend, and I haven't even gotten my tools yet. :D
rscatoe

Post by rscatoe »

I now have a $500,000 liability policy for $217 a year through RLI. I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have this quickly without this forum. Thanks!
rscatoe

Post by rscatoe »

I got my headlight restoration kit and windshield repair kits in today. I didn't waste any time unpacking them. I was really impressed with the quality of the tools. I went to work right away on the headlights on my 2001 Taurus. They turned out great! I can't wait to get to work on customers' cars and start making some money!