Networking with other auto related businesses 

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
FrogKnowledge

Networking with other auto related businesses 

Post by FrogKnowledge »

So I mainly go door to door and leave flyers behind if no one is home or they don't need my services then I give them a 1/4 page flyer promoting my services on one side and on the other side I have coupons for other businesses like now I have $25 off your state inspection and 1/2 off any car wash package the deals don't cost me anything and I even got the car wash to pay for my fliers this time. Well he offered.

What I am saying is now I am working with the inspection shop when a windshield comes in he recommends me, he claims he sent about 25 people I only got 12 but 12 free deals in 5 weeks not bad.

Just my 2 cents. any other advice.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Networking with other auto related businesses 

Post by Brent Deines »

If you are getting 50% of the referrals that is pretty good. I also like your idea about having money off coupons for other services. Currently we hand out money off coupons for our own services, but not for other services. Anything you can do to keep the prospect from throwing away your flyer is a good idea, we may have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Dozi

Post by Dozi »

I like your idea. Most of my business have been fleets and dealers. As everyone else, I am also trying to expand my business during these difficult economic times we live in. Thanks for sharing your thaughts and ideas.
rsbaum

Post by rsbaum »

That is a great idea. What about working on a local level with some of the major chains like Auto Zone, Car Quest, Napa Auto Parts to work their parking lots?
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

rsbaum: we have always been very, very carefull in to whom we approached to be teaming up with. Chains like AutoZone, NAPA etc sure may bring some business, but I would think to myself (and even tell them if they we're approaching me), No thanks, I am not interested. Why? Why would I be ignoring the revenues? The answer is simple. Large chains have the funds to adapt your idea and copy your m.o., invest tons of money to be doing exactly the same like you we're doing before with them. You know, with the economy as it is today, they do have to lay off peoples, if they spot a nice activity, and if it would make a good add-on to their existing services, they may jump on it instantly. And be $$***ing up the current prices. We know vendors here in Michigan where single repairs are being offered for as low as $18.50 and $25. They can be offering silly low prices, not making any real money, because windshield repair is JUST an add-on, it is not their main income. That doesn't have to mean that they should be $$***ing up the market place, but they have chosen to do so. They are not stupid, they very well know that the real market value for a professional service is much higher than the silly $18,50 or $25 they currently charge.
There are more reasons why I would not be contacting these chains, but the above is one of the more relevant reasons.

To be cutting this short: I would not be contacting large chains.
Be good!