Safelite Marketing Campaign?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Safelite Marketing Campaign?

Post by Dave M »

Received a job today that I can, without question, thank the Safelite commercial. The customer had just purchased a car from one of my dealer accounts and while there she asked for a recommendation for glass work. The service writer gave her one of my cards. While doing the repair the customer said that she had just recently seen the Safelite commercial which says not to wait and get it repaired before it cracks. What makes this story even better.....this was an insurance job through SGC!!!
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

I forgot to mention that the repair was on her other car, not the new one. The break had been there for a month.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Dave: life can be good eh?
Lile I mentioned before in this topic: when it starts to rain for them, you may catch some rain drops yourself as well, thanks to their expensive campaign. :lol:
FrogKnowledge

Post by FrogKnowledge »

I know in my area over the paste 2 weeks we have gotten at least 4 or 5 people who said they say the commercial and wanted to get the chip fixed, Thanks safelight

And they are hiring here as well
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

You may already have noticed the news yourself, but here are the results:

Media Monitors, the leader in broadcast and cable monitoring, released the 2009 Radio SPOT TEN showing the leaders in radio advertising in the last year.

GEICO comes in #1 in 2009 with 1,935,333 spots, up from #3 in 2008. THE HOME DEPOT was #5 in 2008 and jumped to #2 last year with 1,705,182 commercials. #3 was MCDONALD’S with 1,151,698, they were in at #6 in 2008. VERIZON, with their push on phones and cable TV and wireless was the same at #4 with 1,067,883 ads. And course, their big competitor AT&T, was in at #5 running 946,683 spots. AUTOZONE was in #6 with 817,850 commercials, while WAL-MART was down from #2 in 2008 to #7 last year with 741,450 radio spots.

New to the top ten last year was SAFELITE AUTOGLASS coming in #8 with 662,970 ads.

ONSTAR was in at #9 airing 480,957 ads last year. Coming in #10 was Kohl’s 467,927 spots. The good news on the numbers, the totals for the top ten advertisers is about the same in both years: in 2008, the top ten paying radio advertisers ran 9,576,155 spots and in 2009, the top ten ran 9,977,933. And this year will probably be better.

NOTE: For this year’s SPOT TEN, the HD DIGITAL RADIO ALLIANCE was not included and their totals were taken out of the year to year comparison.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

All I can say to you Guys, lets hope lets hope Safelite glass advertises on the TV again?? you cannot beat all that FREE adverising they gave us?? hey I got a few jobs from it ??? hey if you loose an account to safelite you should always be looking for new accounts not keeping all your eggs in one Basket??????????????????. One of the bigger rental fleet account were using Safelite Glass for repairs and replacements but safelite were mulitiple billing the company,Safelite Glass were dropped at some account around the USA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
star-brite

Post by star-brite »

adam@gtglass wrote:Just for fun, I got an internet quote to have a chip repair on my '95 Jeep. Guess what the quoted amount for REPAIR was? $96.00. No, I'm not pulling your leg.
star brite new orleans,i'm the new kid on the block.seen the t.v. ad and radio,my quote was 99.95
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Safelite's retail repair fee (Portland, ME) is now $119.00
screenman

Post by screenman »

Maybe, they are trying to price themselves out of doing repairs, or they are thinking the customer may choose a replacement instead of a repair. Maybe they have costed it out and that is what they need to charge to make a profit. Nice time to use their prices to increase yours.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

But than there is the other side! Safelite has offered Hertz $20 for repairs up to 3 on the same windshield for no additional charge!As long as they get all the replacements.