A question about windshield repair startup

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
dcj

Post by dcj »

I am lookinng at an info kit by Scott A. Tyner called Windshield Repair exposed. It is supposewd to have all I need to market my business and buy the right kit and tools. it is $149.00. is it worth it
dcj
optic-kleer

A question about windshield repair startup

Post by optic-kleer »

Dont buy it. You can ask anyone, anything on this forum and you will get your answer, eventually!. It's a great business, but you have got to get out there and work at it. The harder you work and the better repairs you do, the more you will earn. Read every post on this forum, then fill in with your questions and you will learn, really quick. Contact Jeff at Delta. He will send you out as much info that is in that book you were thinking of buying for free.
If you choose glass repair as a career, good luck. Do it today. Get kicking!.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

I really hate to say this but I bought that Windshield Repair Exposed to see what it was all about... I couldn't of been more disapointed if I had tried. I didn't learn on thing from it. All he does is tell you his story about how he got into the business. Then he asks if you want to get involved in his other business's by filling out a form and sending it back to him. The only thing of value I see in it is giving the phone numbers for lynx and safelite which are already given out on this forum.

It also could be I have been doing this business for a lot of years. However I felt kinda insulted when he talks about comparing this business to Multi-Level marketing. I really felt it was a waist of money. You can buy it if you wish, but I wouldn't. Just my opinion thats all. Make up your own mind. Now the marketing system buy Cinron Marketing Group is a very comprehensive program and is very good. I do think that was was great.
David
Coitster
Glass
dcj

Post by dcj »

I appreciate the responce. It appears that the real issue with WR is marketing and business management (once you have the right tools and experience)
autocosmetics
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

pit

Post by autocosmetics »

I agree with Coitster, Cinron marketing program is excellent, I bought it. Seems expensive, but it was worth every penny. I think you'll find more valuable information in this forum--both current posts and archives--than anywhere else---I know I did.
GRT

Post by GRT »

Ditto
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

just wanted to pull this subject back up
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Sunshine....

Couldn't resist :!:

Is there a reason why :wink:

:?:
Ridge Runner

Post by Ridge Runner »

Sunshine, Thanks so much! I've been wanting to post on this subject for days,but keep remembering the phrase "keep it professional" & knew that would be difficult. Coitster, I also have both systems & I also say to you DITTO. Jim
sunshine wr

How's it going?

Post by sunshine wr »

i also purchased exsposed didn't get much from it