Competitive rates= More Work

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Competitive rates= More Work

Post by screenman »

First I would like to say I would imagine he pressed the 0 button once more than he meant to. Secondly never take for granted that any customer will stay loyal to you, I do however agree with appearing smart and uniformed up.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Missed a bit, I would lot rather service mid range customers as they do a far higher mileage, therefore accumulating more glass damage than a Sunday car. I get far more work from my Ford Dealer than my Porsche dealer.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

I agree with Screenman on the getting more work from the AVERAGE Joe as per the high end car owner. I have encountered most with the high end car owners seem to not care for having repairs on their cars, they would rather replace it when it gets a chip. I am not even going to try to sell them a repair, their mind is totally made up . I even had one with liability only on a new BMW, they said they could not afford the full coverage ins. with the payment on the car.
Just Chippen Away
t4k

Post by t4k »

Yep, I agree....if you have the cash to own a car of that caliber, replacement seems to be the only solution. Once I tell them there will be a small scar, their whole attitude changes and a replacement is soon sought.
AutoGlassEssentials

Post by AutoGlassEssentials »

i would't first let that sale go so easy. If u are comfortable with people with money they first dont care they automatically don't trust you. We just have the dealership pitch them for us on the high end cars and we go do em but honestly we have had no problem with doing this so far.. I would preach the fact that i wouldn't want to replace the window because the body shifts over the years and that curved window can have seal problems ie leaking air. Whether or not any of u agree it has worked for us in higher end markets up to u if u want to try it or not.. We are not pitching car washes either, i wouldn't expect someone to pay that there, thats a reasonable price for them to have the comfort in knowing it was done at dealership glass department.. We have to pay a huge chunk to dealership but worth it in the end.. Doesn't work everywhere but some places it can work..
t4k

Post by t4k »

AutoGlassEssentials wrote: If u are comfortable with people with money they first dont care they automatically don't trust you.
What does this statement mean?
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

t4k wrote:
AutoGlassEssentials wrote: If u are comfortable with people with money they first dont care they automatically don't trust you.
What does this statement mean?
I can answer that,,,, I am comfortable with people with money.
Nearly all that think there crap does not stink will look down to you, if even that. We are the ones busting our butts making a living and keeping their cars looking good while they were most likely born with a roll of quarters up their butts and the wad just got bigger from their trust account. Around here they are the tightest people and will look for the cheapest place to get work done.

We all know the ones from California. They are all use to being screwed over. But once they realize the normal prices they all think back on how they have all been shafted. We have to convert their minds after folks like you charge your " luxury tax of 200 "

You can keep your snobs. I like my kind of company here. We are all on the same level no matter what they drive. I work for folks that make 150k and ones that barely make 20k a yr., and they are all happy to pay what I charge, and they treat me with the same respect as if I was there best friend... I do not need to blow smoke to make them feel like they are doing us a favor by allowing us to work on their over priced piece of steel. I do not need to inflate my prices to cover some service shop kick back fee.

Gee, I hope I did not take that to far.
Last edited by Kgobin on January 26th, 2010, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Just Chippen Away
AutoGlassEssentials

Post by AutoGlassEssentials »

hey everyone has an opinion and to be honest i just moved here from texas about 6 months ago to start this business and get a different atmosphere so i really have no ties here and either way doesn't matter to me. I dont care for snobby people either but who has level 2s usually? Not granny but the person driving 120.. I have 2 in my truck and a crack, y because i drive pretty fast. Also they have so far gladly paid it as its much cheaper than a new window and even people with money get tight. Not all ferrari owners are filthy rich either they just spend it.. Not saying it works everywhere but we do demographics to target our most likely potential customer and so far we have had a great response from these customers. they seem to be ok with paying it and the risk to crack a 10,000 window in my eyes should get more cash.. I could care less whether any of yall use it just something that worked for us do'nt get upset just offering up suggestions. Lost in the argument no one ever answered my original question about competive rates within the insurance companies. Any one have any experience with this? Also may help some of u we are donating 10 to hope for hati with windshield repair with password hati good marketing tool and good cause
Last edited by Kgobin on January 26th, 2010, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Foul language
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Let's talk windshields and headlights -not money and/or rich vs not.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

AutoGlassEssentials wrote:........no one ever answered my original question about competive rates within the insurance companies. Any one have any experience with this?.......
To answer your question.....

You can send whatever you want to the Insurance Company and try to get them to refer work your way. I just don't think it works this way......

However, if you're not a member of Lynx, SGC, or Harmon, I suggest you join and you will get calls coming in.....more than likely....

You can change your prices with any Insurance Company that is associated with Lynx, i.e. State Farm, AllState, etc....
The default prices in the system are $50 and $10, but you can lower the $50 to a Discounted rate. For instance, if you lowered your prices down to $45, this will give you the upper hand over the other shops in your area that charge more than $45......the system is still on a rotation, but it makes a difference on what you charge.

Again, if you want to write each individual Ins. company out there and propose a Rate, go for it, whats the worst that can happen.....they just don't respond back.

ATX......