I don't understand SGC?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

I don't understand SGC?

Post by GLASSTIME »

I have been with SGC Network ofr about a year or maybe a year and a half. Filed numerous of claims with them. I done a repair the other day for a client through Nationwide and they told her I wasn't an approved shop?? That struck me of strange. When I arrived back at the office I had awaiting me a thick stuffed envelope which contained a "NEW" application packet??

The next morning I checked my email and had a "Validation Email" and it informed me not to reply to it??

So I gave SGC a call and was informed we are not an affiliate? So I asked what do you mean. I was told after being with them for a year they re request you sign up with them once again. At this time my shop will become an affiliate? None of this makes sense. So what does an affiliate mean? She said that by being an affiliate I will then be an approved shop and they (the network) would stand behind any warranties!

This is very confusing to me , hoever I have resubmitted the packet and am waiting to see what my client is told next!

Has this happened to any of you? Is this the norm?......How weird!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Frank EU

Re: I don't understand SGC?

Post by Frank EU »

And Chad, are there any new fees included -when you re-rejoin?
SGT

Post by SGT »

I have been with SGC for a few years and have not had THAT problem. I did get turned down when I initially applied though. I kept pushing and finally SGC said I had to submit a letter stating that I was a repair only shop and would not replace windshields if I wanted to be an approved vendor. Does not take a genius to figure that out!!! What I do get is requests on a yearly basis for a current insurance cert. which is reasonable.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
D2D

Post by D2D »

Chad,

Did you agree to and sign a network contract in the beginning? Is your company online with SGC for submitting invoices?
If you did these things you would have had contact with their "regional contract administrator".

If so, this may be an indication of possible changes?

Don't know, have to wait and see.

I've been an authorized network vendor for 9 years and have never had any problems and never experienced "steering".
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

I have been with the network when they all first started, So I have seen the BS they ALL have been doing to everyone. You all never knew what they were like before the networks started doing the work them self. This is the beef we old timers are having with them now days.
My customers have been told I was not an affiliate shop also, but I try to be there when they call in the claims, and if they have been told that by the CRS, I will ask for the phone and at that time I would ask for my local rep. and be put on a 3 way call and voice my input. My local rep says at that time I am a provider and then of course tell me the CRS will be retrained. We all know that will be BS on that end.

You all see what we are talking about now. Just because it has not happened to you, YET, does not mean it will be all good and fussy for you.
You can see they are up to another game in their favor.

If I was not right next to the customer they would have believed the network, because they think they are still talking to your ins. company, they have not clue they have been forwarded off to the networks...

You all also need to educate the customers on how this works when they push #2 for glass claims. They are out of their ins. companies office..

You all need to open your eyes and try to band to gather with a few that have been here watching this chance in front of our eyes instead of thinking we are left wingers fight for nothing. It is going to bit all of us in the backside soon.

I can see them running adds to see what areas need more SGC trucks in the areas to take over. They are putting out feelers before hiring on more techs....
Just Chippen Away
D2D

Post by D2D »

If what is described here EVER happens to me, I will immediately cancel my network contract and go cash only.

If what you say is happening, why do you put up with it?

END OF STORY
D2D

Post by D2D »

I would like to take an informal poll as to who or how many "repair only techs" think they can get along without the networks?

In other words,

Do you know how to go out and find chips on windshields, find the owner, and tell them that for a fraction of the cost of replacement, you can repair the stone damage, and save them an expensive and unnecessary replacement?

And the price is $? and I take checks and credit cards.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

If you want to make it a formal poll just let me know. I can set up a poll and make it a sticky to attract a bit more attention.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Brent: I would say: go ahead! Very interesting. :)
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

And let also include a poll re our trade associations. I am really disappointed with what's happening there -or better: NOT happening.
If my memory serves me well, there were many people here on the forum NOT willing to join because they felt there were many things wrong.
A poll would help to get a better insight, it may lead to a fresh start.