Door To Door In Southern Cal

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
u2ricardo

Door To Door In Southern Cal

Post by u2ricardo »

Hi all,

I have searched door to door on this site and was wondering what kind of success anyone in southern California has had with either business to business or residential. Thanks.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Door To Door In Southern Cal

Post by GlassStarz »

I do about 50% cold calling in buisness parks
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by paulrsf »

When doing cold calls in business parks, do you have any system or procedure that you follow that you wouldn't mind sharing here?

Thanks-
Paul R.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Walk the lot find a car with a chip walk in and ask who it belongs to. My pitch is simple im in the area working on another car and can fix yours while here its a easy sale good for 5-10 a day if you want to work a full day 8-) me I tend to set a $200 a day goal and go home when I hit it. Between My Art /Off Track Betting and the Beach I dont have a lot of time for work lol
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Thanks for the reply. Just a couple of additional questions if you don't mind:

1. Are most of these jobs cash jobs?
2. Are you offering to do the entire job for a specific amount up to a certain number of repairs, or are you charging per repair?

Thanks,
Paul R.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Mostly cash i could get a lot of insurance if I wanted I charge what i think its worth to them Often the pitch is "Hey im in the area and getting here is half the expense its normaly $50 to do a repair but if I do it while im here I will fix it for $35 not a hard sell but lets them know the price is for now they tend to go for it if they have the cash Just create a imediate need to do it now. Once I find the owner I close at least 50% Salesmanship is the key lots of guys talk to dozens of people and then come here complaining that no one wants it done when actually everone does you just didnt do a proper job asking them. This is a sales job anyone can do repairs selling them is another thing
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Thanks again for the quick replies.
I agree with you about salesmanship too. I am good at selling in general, though I am still refining my sales skills when it comes to wsr. I'm not sure how most wsr techs feel, but for me, in addition to the income, I really enjoy doing repairs. I like setting my own schedule, working outdoors and almost always leaving customers happier than before I got there. Some of my business comes from the networks, some cold selling and also from Google ads on line. I recently formed a relationship with a local glass replacement shop and they have been sending me 2- 3 jobs a week. I've been considering a tent location or some other fixed location where I can do repairs 1-3 days a week on a regular basis.
In short, I am at the point where I feel confident enough to expand. I'm just not sure in what direction.
Paul R.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

paulrsf wrote:Thanks again for the quick replies.
I agree with you about salesmanship too. I am good at selling in general, though I am still refining my sales skills when it comes to wsr. I'm not sure how most wsr techs feel, but for me, in addition to the income, I really enjoy doing repairs. I like setting my own schedule, working outdoors and almost always leaving customers happier than before I got there. Some of my business comes from the networks, some cold selling and also from Google ads on line. I recently formed a relationship with a local glass replacement shop and they have been sending me 2- 3 jobs a week. I've been considering a tent location or some other fixed location where I can do repairs 1-3 days a week on a regular basis.
In short, I am at the point where I feel confident enough to expand. I'm just not sure in what direction.

I have always tried to keep a diversified book of customers, some retail, some fleets, some dealers. When busines slows in one area, it has always seemed to pick in another. It helps keep a more stable income.
u2ricardo

Post by u2ricardo »

I am tempted to go residential because I live in a very residential area. Is it ok to go up to cars on private streets, find chips and knock on the door? Would this look suspicious and creepy to the other neighbors? Should I focus more on business parks? Thank you.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I know I would NOT want to look out my door and see someone looking at my cars in the garage or in the driveway. :shock: