best setting tool

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
sully
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

best setting tool

Post by sully »

I'm new to the forum and was hoping for some input. I'm checking into the LiL Buddy and Aegis solo 2. Does anyone have experience with both? If so which one seems to be better to work with?
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: best setting tool

Post by Glasseye »

I have used the Lil Buddy but not the Aegis. Both tools use a similar type of operation. Both tools require practise and practise to use successfully. Doing " dry runs" is essential when you first start to use these tools or on a vehicle you have never used the equipment on before. Both tools have instructional videos on You Tube, I thought the Lil buddy video was more detailed and addressed trouble shooting issues when setting up the equipment. Feedback from fitters using this equipment is the concern of using the sideglass as the weight support for the operation but I have not heard any reports of damage being caused. Having had over 30 years of experience in Autoglazing I would recommend you use one of these systems if you operate a one man replacement service. I have seen too many injuries and damage due to accidents when " throwing on " a windscreen, using these systems reduces the risks and also helps to demonstrate the professionalism of the installer.
sully
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: best setting tool

Post by sully »

Thanks Glasseye for the info. I think I'm leaning toward the aegis solo.It seems to move more freely in videos.