RLI Insurance Services Update

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

RLI Insurance Services Update

Post by Eco Steam »

Not sure if I have been in the dark about this for too long(its only been a year since I left RLI), but this was exciting news for me.

RLI Insurance has alway had cheap Biz Insurance, but it has always been liability only, well not anymore (for select areas)!

They're offering Garage Keepers now!

I left them a year ago to go with someone else because of the Detailing side of my biz, I needed Garage keepers, I went from paying $365 for a $1 million policy for just liability, to paying almost $1,400!

Chris over at RLI just quoted me:

$1 mil liability w/ Garage Keepers @ $30K for $474 for the full year, and it's only $20 to add an additional insured!
or
$1 mil liability w/ Garage Keepers @ 60K for $612 for the full year!

Keep in mind that this type of Insurance is for home based businesses ( mobile companies ), so if you have a shop, unfortunately, this will not work for you.

Just figured I would share the news that I'm about to save myself $900.00!!!

ATX
SGT

Re: RLI Insurance Services Update

Post by SGT »

This was certainly a topic I posted quite a bit on in the past. I too left RLI for the lack of needed coverage. I recieved information on RLI new coverages and will review when I get a chance and see if the covearge matches up to my current povider.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

What I question is the $20 charge for each additional insured. I have about 5 additional insureds and they are added on at no extra charge. Some insurance companies will charge that fee each year when the renewal comes up, so if you have a few additional insureds to add, that will add to your annual premium.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Just wanted to add to my post......why the $1 million Com. Liability? $300,000-$500,000 should be sufficient for mobile only.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

SGT ! I purchased RLI when I started because it was cheap and seemed to cover what I thought was needed. However Iam no so sure I am. My renewal is in May. I got a letter stating changes were being made. However I havent got any updates as of today. I asked about garage keepers and was told they did not provide that for NC. A local insurance agent told me he could provide this coverage as a mobile only service for under $500 for a $250K liability policy. RLI charges me about $184 for $500K Liability coverage. I need to get a copy of what is covered and compare.
Big E

Post by Big E »

Candyman, I just got off of the phone with RLI. I have garage keepers through them and live in NC and became concerned after reading you post. RLI added garage keepers on June 1st 2010 for NC and I was assured they would continue to provide this coverage in NC.
wsrman

Post by wsrman »

What is Garage Keepers?
candyman

Post by candyman »

Big E. June is when I talked to RLI, when I renewed my policy. I will call them later today to check on this and get a quote. I will post what I find out. Do you also do headlight restoration? Iam noticing each month more people in this state are doing WSR & HLR.
Big E

Post by Big E »

To answer wsrman, garage keepers insurance covers the vehicle that you are working on or is under your custody or control. General liability does not cover the vehicle you are working on.
To answer candyman, I was told by RLI to make sure you call them directly and not go through an agent because the agent might not be aware of this or might not offer it. Yes I do HLR and yes it seems like everyone and their brother is now doing it. I am also finding that there are a lot of places offering HLR and WSR very cheap, about half of what established businesses are offering it for.
Have a great day!
wsrman

Post by wsrman »

Big E wrote:To answer wsrman, garage keepers insurance covers the vehicle that you are working on or is under your custody or control. General liability does not cover the vehicle you are working on.
To answer candyman, I was told by RLI to make sure you call them directly and not go through an agent because the agent might not be aware of this or might not offer it. Yes I do HLR and yes it seems like everyone and their brother is now doing it. I am also finding that there are a lot of places offering HLR and WSR very cheap, about half of what established businesses are offering it for.
Have a great day!
Thanks.