wind shield replacement training in jacksonville florida

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
mikenieves

wind shield replacement training in jacksonville florida

Post by mikenieves »

do anyone know of any windshield replacement training and or ojt in jacksonville fl
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: wind shield replacement training in jacksonville florida

Post by DryStar »

Mike,

There are windshield replacement training centers available but I don't think you'll find one in Florida. Not sure why you want to start that type of business in that location anyways. It's already over saturated. I know of a half dozen shops that closed last year with 10-20 years experience.

The best way to become decent in windshield replacement is to work as a journeyman with an existing company for at least a year (good luck finding an opening though) because not many hire inexperienced techs.

Florida may be a good place for headlight restorations,windshield repairs and window tinting but I would advise against getting into replacements.

JMHO
mikenieves

Post by mikenieves »

do u know any windshield tech in jacksonville fl or middleburg fl in business that is doing great????
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by DryStar »

I currently don't know of any doing well in that area with the exception of Safelite. They have a location in Jacksonville along with 54 other locations spread through Florida. With a zero glass deductible it's difficult to obtain referral jobs from them because they are first responders(TPA) Cash jobs is all you can hope for and you'll be competing against those who offer very cheap.

Like I mentioned before...not a good area to start a new windshield replacement business.