dangit State Farm

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Windshield911
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: dangit State Farm

Post by Windshield911 »

then why come on here?
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

DavidS wrote:
Windshield911 wrote:David, I hope you treat your customers better than this. But then again, didn't you tell a customer you were on vacation and not do her windshield? Or was that a lie? :D
You mean like the way you guys treat me? or do you consider that being professional?
I did what I did so I was not caught being the stupid one...I would rather be found
on vaction, then caught having signs, and cant really explain why I have them on
if I am not doing WS repair just yet...fairly simple, sorry you cant understand...

Should I now bend over and explain anything else to you princess?

rudeness seems to be the #1 quality of this forum.
David - Don't be discouraged by the occasional abrupt comments on the forum. Not everyone here is rude and its a great source for a lot of helpful information. I think with the exception of a few, you'll find most members are willing to share their experiences in a friendly manner.
Paul R.
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

I've never been rude to anyone on this forum
paulrsf

Post by paulrsf »

Windshield911 wrote:I've never been rude to anyone on this forum
I wasn't talking about anyone in specific.
Paul R.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Blimey, I was only trying to say how it is. Those 50 you are after is the same 50 that most other WSR guys are doing work for, seems funny that you want to share your market, what with all your marketing skills.

The guys on here are not trying to put you off but explain how they have found things. How on earth can you be an expert when you have not done a job yet? nobody is calling you a liar, although your unwillingness to show your magic signs is a bit unfair seeing as you want advice but will not share yours.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

screenman wrote:Blimey, I was only trying to say how it is. Those 50 you are after is the same 50 that most other WSR guys are doing work for, seems funny that you want to share your market, what with all your marketing skills.

The guys on here are not trying to put you off but explain how they have found things. How on earth can you be an expert when you have not done a job yet? nobody is calling you a liar, although your unwillingness to show your magic signs is a bit unfair seeing as you want advice but will not share yours.
Screen,

I am not calling myself an expert at WS repair...only you are putting me on that high chair that I am...
I am fairly good at certain things, as you maybe good at certain things, if you notice, I did not say you are
good at WS repair as I have no idea if you are or are not, so I did not make any claims that you are...
I never said I was an expert at WS repair, with what I am seeing thus far, my opinion is that I will be very
good at it...as one 16yr old stated "its not rocket science" some of you guys do make it sound much
harder then it is, but honestly, If I ever said I was an expert about WS repair, then I mis-spoke, like you
said, how can I be an expert at something that I have not done yet...

Some things are never going to be shared regardless of how unfair you think it is...There are a lot of things
in this world that I would like to see shown, do I think it is unfair, probably, can i do anything about it? no..
if a business wants to share what they have, then they will, if not, then it is their right not too...

I do appreciate advice...advice is one thing, original ideas is another thing...but if I have to trade off
what you call magic signs over not getting some advice, well, I guess I can live with that...

You should not be a hater, offer good advice, come up with your own original ideas to use in your business.
If I invent something, or come up with better ideas to help me succeed, then how is that fair to me
by letting everyone else know what I have come up with that helps me...? Every one always wants
to reap the rewards of someone elses work...it is why america is the way it is, it is why china
keeps ripping off america, because they are unable or unwilling to come up with their own ideas....

and no, I am blaming everyone on the forum for haterd, I have seen a lot of these type of
posts before I even signed up, member against member, and there are people on the forum
that do think they are WS Gods...bla, bla...I assure you, I am not discourged, if you guys are, sorry...

"Those 50 you are after is the same 50 that most other WSR guys are doing work for, seems funny that you want to share your market, what with all your marketing skills."

It is so simple that i almost do not want to explain it to you, simply because they will be the easiest ones to get...
It will almost be like taking candy from a bady, getting these 50 will be easier as those others WS repair techs
may not have marketing skills...why should I work for the 950 that you are seeking? I do not need the same
amount of money that you guys need, some need to make a living at this...I dont...I can go after the
smaller share (50) because they will be an easy target, and I will be ok with that, but do not get me wrong,
that does not mean that I will not work my way up the chain...I try to work smarter, not harder...
I bet you I could do pitch a tint on the side of the road and get more business then I want, dont get me wrong,
I am not saying that will happen for sure, I am betting that will happen...dont want you guys thinking I am
god and that I can pull customers from the heavens, I surely can not do that...

One thing that I do not understand, why should it matter that I want the same 50 that some others
are after, but you want the 950 that 95% of the WS world wants...so? how ironic that it matters to you...
it does not matter to me what-so-ever that you want a piece of the 950 market, i could care less, good for you....
and I wish you the best of luck getting what you are seeking...
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

Your blogs have yet to contribute anything to this forum. And why do you keep posting all this in this particular thread? I started a thread and you completely "hacked it." Start a new thread if you need to rant about something. You keep talking down other posters and you don't contribute anything. Not that i've contributed alot of great advice but I don't barge into someone else's thread and completely change the subject on it. I think we all get the picture you don't like signs on your vehicle. You don't have to keep defending that, I don't think anyone still cares.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Windshield911 wrote:Your blogs have yet to contribute anything to this forum. And why do you keep posting all this in this particular thread? I started a thread and you completely "hacked it." Start a new thread if you need to rant about something. You keep talking down other posters and you don't contribute anything. Not that i've contributed alot of great advice but I don't barge into someone else's thread and completely change the subject on it. I think we all get the picture you don't like signs on your vehicle. You don't have to keep defending that, I don't think anyone still cares.
not a problem.

have a great day...

PS. I do know how to take the high road....
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

also, your comment from the first page that I won't roll along just fine. 95% of my customers have State Farm. There's a State Farm on every corner here. Most of my business is paid by cash not insurance money although I do accept it when I can. I was just griping about the 50.00 deductible b/c I haven't seen that yet. If everyone started having 50.00 deductibles it would be hard to talk people into repairs. People with 100 or up are pretty willing to go ahead and get the repair rather than replace it. The question was answered pretty early that 50.00 deductibles is not all that common. I was just making sure b/c they said they had a pretty good rate. The part of my post about sign on my truck was just useless comment I threw in there, it wasn't meant to start a whole debate.
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

I know you can bring alot to this forum, more than me. You seem intelligent, looking forward to hearing more from you. Just hopefully not being defensive so often.