homade kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
craig

Post by craig »

I've done wr years ago. I'm thinking that I'd like to put togather a bare bones kit to service fleets along with my sign company. One part of my business is small fleet lettering & logos. I figure I'm there so why not get it all on one invoice. Could someone help me with peicing togather a kit, minus the dremel.
desertstars

NWRA proposed w/s repair standards

Post by desertstars »

What is a "bare bone" kit, Craig?

Does it include resin?

Even Jeff will concede that I don't attack people on this forum and I'm not attacking you.

I attack the very idea of a "bare bone" kit as any decent plumber would attack the idea of figuring the cheapest way to break a joint without reverse twist using monkey wrenches or clear a clogged drain without a snake.

I'm genuinely curious, Craig. You say that you did w/s repair years ago. What equipment were you using at the time?
craig

Post by craig »

Are you kidding me "desertstars". Thats a lame attempt. Speakes much about your chacter. I think most people that read the post will understand what I ment. Had I known that that this was not a place where business owners could advise and inquire, I woulden't have wasted my time. People like you kill good boards.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

If you have been in biz, you should already know what you need. Just pick a company that will sell you tools without making you buy a "kit".

Barebones....

repair "tool"
resin and drill bits

That's really all you HAVE to order to do repairs. The rest you can piece together yourself if you want...WalMart stuff, you know. But of course, check out sites like Delta Kits and you find all kinds of goodies you can buy.
craig

Post by craig »

It's been about 10 years since I've done wr. I've forgotten much, but with a bit of practice, I think that it would be a great additional service to offer a fleet that I'd be calling on anyway.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Craig,
Man... calm down. If you stay on this forum a while you will realize that DesertStar is only trying to help. I have known him for a while and he really likes helping new people. He will ask questions but there is no need to attack him man.
David
Coitster
Glass
Repair1

nwra

Post by Repair1 »

I second that he knows his stuff and is very helpful relax he speaks with very strong powerful words. I wish I could do the same at times he's awesome.

Welcome
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

Craig,

I for one am totally confused by your post! Is it possible tomorrow morning you could re-write?

Desertstars has always been so helpful to all of us on here. He's the champ! And so are you David :wink:

Craig.....please take some time and re-think what you've said so far!

These guys really want to help you!!!
craig

Post by craig »

David, I was merly fending off an attack. His questions/comments were obviously intended to be sarcastic. The crack about resin was a perfect example. I've proven myself in several ventures and feel that I am a man of integrity. For someone to give a less that productive responce is useless. I don't mean to offend anyone, but why put up with that. I don't intend to get into a pissing contest here or waste anymore time on the non- issue.
desertstars

how to protect biz name?

Post by desertstars »

Thanks, Coister.

I'm still curious though because what I thought was a valid and genuine question still remains unanswered.

What is entailed in a "bare bone" kit and what was Craig using ten years ago?

Again, I'm intrigued by those who think this business is a lark to be attached to some other existing business like a remora to a shark rather than the other way around.

I was using GlassWeld as well as a Novus off-shoot sixteen years ago.

No need to extend this on the forum, Craig.

I think my email is public knowledge. If not, I'll give it to you with no further flame on this forum and we can discuss my personal opinions aside.

I have a particular piece of mind exclusively reserved toward those who think that this business is an add-on but we can discuss that in private if you wish.

That is definitely not a piece of mind that would pass Jeff's patrol but one I wouldn't mind passing on to you personally.