Up the potters!!

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Up the potters!!

Post by Glasseye »

I know this is a worldwide forum and most of you will not of heard of Stoke on Trent in the UK. Its a small city that was the home of the english pottery industry. I say was because like a lot of other industries, it has now been decimated and where once busy factories churned out fine porcelain, there is only barren wasteground and few factories still survive. However this post is not about our problems, we all have them, it is about our success, and last night our premier league football team STOKE CITY reached the knock out stages of the Europa cup. The club was formed in 1863 ( second oldest in the football league) and in that time ( 148 years), it has never reached this stage. To say I am proud of this achievement would be an understatement and it is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.
cdirks
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Up the potters!!

Post by cdirks »

I know this is late I just found it. Congratulations on your win late last year! I have heard of Stoke on Trent although I don't know exactly where its located. I love the UK, its history, countryside and all that. My wife and I went on holiday there in April and May of 2009. Its a great country and if I ever get a chance to come back believe me I will! Before I went to the UK I studied maps of England so I'm fairly familiar with much of the larger cities and some smaller ones too in relation to where they are on the map. By the way I only visited England and not the rest of the UK.
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Up the potters!!

Post by Glasseye »

Pleased you enjoyed your trip to England, Stoke-on-Trent is slap bang in between Manchester and Birmingham and is known as "The Potteries" having been the centre of the Pottery industry in the UK since the 17th century. We visited New York last year and really enjoyed the sights and the "buzz" of the city.