Business permits.

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
C.Ryan
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Business permits.

Post by C.Ryan »

This is for the ones who are doing wsr as a home based business. Do you need to acquire a home oppucancy permit?
usmc68

Re: Business permits.

Post by usmc68 »

Contact your county Business License dept.
loadie

Post by loadie »

It's not worth the ticket from the ByLaw guys if you are caught! You should be able to write off the expense on your taxes??!! I do up here in Canada. I do repairs in my small town as well as the larger City. I've obtained business licenses from both.
ministry4u

Post by ministry4u »

When I went to get my business license. I had to go to the planning department for them to sign off on the license. When they saw the address was a home (on their little screen), they handed me a form for a home occupancy permit and would not sign off until I had filled it out and paid the fee for the home occupancy permit (mine was $93). After I filled it out and paid, they signed off on the license and I was able to get my business license no problem. If you rent and do not own your home, they will want the home owner to sign off on the permit as well. To my knowledge, It doesn't hold them to any liability - just a courtesy.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

It depends on where you live. Im out of city limits so I contacted the county and theh said that I wasntrequired to get a permit.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC