Ins or Cash?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Cryatal_Image
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Ins or Cash?

Post by Cryatal_Image »

Ive been doing some research and alot of reading. I managed to come across a place on google. Had a guy say on some comment board that any claim is a bad claim when it comes to ins. and you should try and get your customers paying you direct. Some people have reported an increase in their prems just for reporting a claim for a simple rock chip fix.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?
bill lambeth

Re: Ins or Cash?

Post by bill lambeth »

You don't get something for nothing.
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

Cryatal_Image wrote:Some people have reported an increase in their prems just for reporting a claim for a simple rock chip fix. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

I've yet to see that, but I guess it may happen if your getting 10-15 rock chips a year paid for by insurance companies on the same vehicle. Every policy and every company is different.
Cryatal_Image

Post by Cryatal_Image »

i found it to be rather silly myself but he was very upset during his writing. I think it was his sister or someone close to him and all he said that this person had 1 chip fix which the ins. payed for and their ins went up. That is all i know so i figured i would ask about this.
"bill" is correct though, you dont get something for nothing as everyone is in businesses to make money
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I think it is like the power bill.I think they look at this as whole and not one individual.I think this can be related to a general rate increase.
Cryatal_Image

Post by Cryatal_Image »

bill lambeth wrote:I think it is like the power bill.I think they look at this as whole and not one individual.I think this can be related to a general rate increase.

Just like everything i suppose. Prices for EVERYTHING is going up and the value of the buck keeps going down. :roll:
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

Each State operates different. Most wave to save, and allow up to three per yr. If in dought, check with one of you local agents and have them TELL YOU how it works....
Reading is good, but if you are only getting half the story, you are only getting what they posted.. Go to your local agents. All brands....
Just Chippen Away
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Glasseye »

Cryatal_Image wrote:Some people have reported an increase in their prems just for reporting a claim for a simple rock chip fix.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?
We had a discussion about this a short while ago. It has been found, in the UK, that insurance companies build up an individual profile of their customers which is shared with other companies. The TV programme showed several examples of people who have reported property damage to their ins. companies without making a claim but this has affected their premiums because they were now seen as a higher risk claimant i.e. more likely to make a claim in the future. I would not be surprised if this type of "database" existed in other countries. The question is, can you gain access to this to see what is noted on your profile.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I repaired a WS a few months ago for a local agents, cliet. His insurance premiums had increased by almost double and his deductible was increased to $500 for WS repairs. I charged him a cash price. He had 1 accident (not his fault) and 2 WSR's on his record. Back about 10 years ago my son had a minor bump up on the school parking lot. I called my agent and told him I was paying out of my pocket for the repairs and the other vehicle. He said my rates would not increase. 3 weeks later My insurance went up from $1100 per year to almost $4000. My agent said although I paid for the damage, any accident that is more than $1500 regardless of who pays becomes a liabilty and rates adjusted. No police report was made and no police came to the scene. My agent reported it. That repair was just under $1600. I switched insurance companies and put my son on his own policy. He was 16 at the time. I also did a WS repair a few months ago for a customer that was only allowed 1 replacement prior to rates going up. They had zero out of pocket for ws repairs. She paid me cash just to enure her rates would not increase. I hear all sorts of stories from insurance clients and agents.
Cryatal_Image

Post by Cryatal_Image »

candyman wrote:I repaired a WS a few months ago for a local agents, cliet. His insurance premiums had increased by almost double and his deductible was increased to $500 for WS repairs. I charged him a cash price. He had 1 accident (not his fault) and 2 WSR's on his record. Back about 10 years ago my son had a minor bump up on the school parking lot. I called my agent and told him I was paying out of my pocket for the repairs and the other vehicle. He said my rates would not increase. 3 weeks later My insurance went up from $1100 per year to almost $4000. My agent said although I paid for the damage, any accident that is more than $1500 regardless of who pays becomes a liabilty and rates adjusted. No police report was made and no police came to the scene. My agent reported it. That repair was just under $1600. I switched insurance companies and put my son on his own policy. He was 16 at the time. I also did a WS repair a few months ago for a customer that was only allowed 1 replacement prior to rates going up. They had zero out of pocket for ws repairs. She paid me cash just to enure her rates would not increase. I hear all sorts of stories from insurance clients and agents.
That is just crazy. :roll: