Auto Glass Guru

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Auto Glass Guru

Post by jhickman1 »

Anybody on here know of or work with the Auto Glass Guru? It seems to be a nationwide company that does windshield repair and replacement referral. Im not certain what their slice of the pie is or what the fine print is but I am going to look into it and was wondering if someone already has. Thanks -Justin
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
Vikingfann

Re: Auto Glass Guru

Post by Vikingfann »

A search on them brings up many complaints on their customer service. They may have little control over the independent shops/repair people they refer but they certainly should be able to employ and train customer service individuals that meet common professional standards.

Jere Ellis - owner/operator
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Im not registered with them yet but so far I have not been very pleased with their customer service either. But I am willing to stick it out to find out their whole deal. If it makes good, honest and reasonably hassle-free money then I'm all for it lol.. Oh and as long as "their" poor people skills dont end up reflecting on "my" businesses reputation
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Isabella, you used them to fix your glass? Im talkin having them use me for repairs. Ive left messages and called their vendor # for a week and havent been able to speak to the right person.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
Big E

Post by Big E »

I looked into them after your post and tried to contact them on the 21st. It's the 29th and still no answer. That tells me what I need to know.
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Same here, Big E
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
edwardsmary

Post by edwardsmary »

This company is completely mobile, it is a subcontracted business hence no overhead for a professional repair facility. Have a look of estimates and most importantly the demeanor of the company you do business with.
cooper23

Post by cooper23 »

Do NOT be associated with this company. I used to do business with them, they take a $35 minimum on every job, say that your a subcontractor but don't send you a 1099 at the end of the year. Also all of the jobs they take in they don't collect sales tax and expect you to pay it, which is highly illegal. Take it from someone who's been there you don't want to be mixed up with this company.
mikebutters

Post by mikebutters »

Wish I could give it a zero. The worst. Here's the highlights if you ever think about even trying these guys:

1. They said they would provide service same day...they didn't.
2. They took my credit information as a "hold only,. They didn't. They ran my card immediately.
3. The installer showed up with the wrong glass.
4. It took over a week to get my refund.
5. Their phone person blamed the whole experience on me.

It was simple. I asked them if they could X, Y & Z. They said they could They performed zero of the things they said they would do. ZERO!!! Were they rude? Not really. Just really unprofessional and unapologetic. They did NOTHING to ease my situation. I was under the gun to get the work done quickly and they guaranteed they could do it. They did not deliver on one thing they said they would.

I would not recommend these guys to anyone...ever!

I rarely, if ever leave reviews. This time, I plan on it. If it saves anyone from avoiding the nightmare I endured it's worth it.

Here's some notes for Auto Glass Guru if you read your reviews:

1. It's called customer service for a reason. You are supposed to provide the customer with service. Not bad service or no service...actual service.
2. Good companies try to make it right with their customers. You should try that approach. You did nothing to offer help.
3. Retrain your staff or rewrite your policy. You are a simple dispatch service who farms out the work to a local and takes a cut off the top. Regardless, your business name is on it. Act like it.

Very disappointed.