How much should I pay for a location?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
robert n
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: How much should I pay for a location?

Post by robert n »

ctmandu1 wrote:I was talking to a mall and they want $700 a month but also do advertising for you with press release. Worked out to be 15% of gross from what the guy there makes. So I am on the list to go in if he ever closes shop. So $700+ sounds like a lot but if it is only 15% of gross then not to bad. And he isn't there every day and has or had about 30 locations I was told threw Calif. Oregon and wash.

I'm just asking....

Did you do the math: $700 is approximately 15% of $4,700. Did the "guy" show you his books so you can see that he makes around $4,700 each month? My calculations says it is around 104 repairs each month at $45 per repair.

Is this just a space outside the mall in the parking lot? what other amenities are included in your rent?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Many of the guys over here are paying upwards of $150 per day, it was good when the insurers paid out not so good now.
ctmandu1

Post by ctmandu1 »

robert n wrote:
I'm just asking....

Did you do the math: $700 is approximately 15% of $4,700. Did the "guy" show you his books so you can see that he makes around $4,700 each month? My calculations says it is around 104 repairs each month at $45 per repair.

Is this just a space outside the mall in the parking lot? what other amenities are included in your rent?
the mall office showed me the reports he filled with them. then went back 6 years. the time he was there. 2011 was the last time he was there. then he retired. the price included security , common areas and advertising. the min. rent was $700 after the $4700 it is 15% so if i did $5000 rent would be $750 that month. lowest was about $2500 when we had the worst winter with lost of snow and ice and the best was just at $7000
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

I have never paid for my spots! Although, I have been told at certain locations I've inquired about that I must pay!
I was going to set-up in a "Grocery chain" location, traffic was decent through the week but absolutely a nightmare on the weekend (sat/sun). This company told me for a 12x12 section, I would need to pay $125.00 a day and $200.00 a day on the weekend! Needless to say I said NO! Tried to barter with him on price ....he refused!

Then I have some that don't because they do business with other companies that offer the same as I, he's afraid he'll loose their business or cause conflict! Ok.....this is a custom speed shop by the way!

It's sad when others scar a person, prospect or not, business owner ect. It just burns me up when I hear how previous WSR Companies have caused a Rotten Apple!

My opinion! Offer them something free! Or pay no more than $10 a day! JMO
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
screenman

Post by screenman »

Chad I beg to differ slightly with you on this one. Personally I would happily pay $200 per day to get say 4,000 cars drive past me knowing that I would repair say 20 windshields.

It is often a number game, I know of a guy who would happily pay £35 to stand a car wash and see 60 vehicles a day, but would not pay £95 to stand a shopping mall and see 2000 cars per day. Now breaking this figure down as I know many of you will that gives £0.58 per car car wash or £0.05 per car supermarket.

I know if I was over there and getting paid by the insurers like many of you are I would have the biggest best shopping mall location going, selling FREE! windshield repair has to be easy I would imagine, it certainly was over here before the insurers changed the way they pay.
windshieldguy81

Post by windshieldguy81 »

wow! they are gouging you guys! ridiculous. i pay 300 a month for a high volume corner where they have a service center as well. keep searching you guys. what state are some of you guys in?
Auto Glass Rescue

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

How do you guys go about to see if it's legal to run a tent location in your area?
safescreen

Post by safescreen »

Wow, you think that stuff is tough. Im from the UK and for a small site I can Pay £800 a month. around $1200. Anyone know of a way to get this cheaper then please let me know. I may just have to set up in the USA.
fixit

Post by fixit »

I have a friend that owns the land at a four way stop in front of a walmart super center. He told me I could sit there for nothing but I would have to get a permit from the town hall.When I went to get the permit I was told I couldn't get one.GO FIGURE.Is there any way around this? HELP HELP HELP. Thanks for any possible solution.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Safescreen, welcome to the forum. £26.67 a day that is not too bad as long as you are getting 5 or 6 jobs a day, are you standing 7 days a week? I take it you are not with Retail Concessions or Access Point with that deal.

Just out of interest where in the UK are you, I am trying to put a coverage map together of proper technicians which is not easy.