Quickbooks : Customer Singnature in Invoice

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
ssbogger
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Quickbooks : Customer Singnature in Invoice

Post by ssbogger »

I am using QB Pro 2012. I have created a invoice specific to WSR using the QB Invoice template editor. At the bottom of the invoice I have a place with a disclaimer and a signature line for the customer to sign. Here's the question.
How do you get the signature into quickbooks? Is there a mobile app that will let you capture a signature and import it to a QB Invoice? This would still be a pain because you would have to import it as an image and I feel that this may be some sort of forgery if the customer's signature appeared on something that they didn't actually sign.

I am trying to eliminate as much paper as possible.
I can't print the invoice prior to arriving at the customer's location because I would still have to fill in the "Quantity, Code, Description, and Price" fields and so getting them to sign this wouldn't do any good because I still have to go back to the computer to complete the invoice.
Filling this out at the customer's location on my laptop won't help because I don't have a way to capture their signature on my computer and put it into QB. I might as well wait and fill it out when I get home.

Do the TPA's require a signature to be submitted with every invoice? I know that they require you to have a signature but from what I understand as long as you have it on file you are OK. What if my invoice that I send to the TPA's has the words "Customer Signature on File" in the signature field? I can have the customer sign a handwritten invoice and then scan it in a keep it on file.
AandRGlass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Quickbooks : Customer Singnature in Invoice

Post by AandRGlass »

You could always carry a laptop and one of those $30 dollar printers and power inverter for a hundred bucks or so and start printing invoices right there.