Insurance company referral question

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
csteffy00
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Insurance company referral question

Post by csteffy00 »

I am in the planning phase for starting a windshield repair business. From what i understand, it's important to get referrals from insurance companies.
What is the best approach to this?

Any help will be appreciated.
ssbogger

Re: Insurance company referral question

Post by ssbogger »

Do a forum search on this and you will come up with some good info.

From what I have read on this forum, and experienced, don't count on insurance referrals. Some people say they get 5-10 referrals a week and others 1 every two months.
I am not clear on how to increase the amount of jobs the TPA's send you other than getting the insured to ask for your company to do the work.
candyman

Post by candyman »

The top three TPA's are LYNX, HSG & SGC. They handle about 95% or better of the claims within the US & EU. The last post is correct. Depending upon your location you may only get a few or it could be a gold mine. You must be insured for at least $500K. Its taken me almost 4 years to get steady calls, but its only 2-8 a week from two of the TPA's I mentioned. I call this my gravy money, since I wasnt expecting it. Others live and die based on insurance referrals. Find you some regular business, such as fleets.
csteffy00

Post by csteffy00 »

Thank You for the help!
Repair/replace

Post by Repair/replace »

<<What is the best approach to this?>>

You will not get any referrals until you have an established business, in most cases. This business referral is not given to new businesses in most cases. There are many statistics that play into this. Welcome to the business world.

Don't count on a hand out, because it will not happen in most areas. Generate your own business as a business owner. There are many companies competing, like Safelite, independents, that have market dominance and reputation.