Broken windshield 1966 Ford F100

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
toofazt
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Broken windshield 1966 Ford F100

Post by toofazt »

Someone threw a beer bottle through my rear window so that needs to be replaced. The front windshield is also cracked and needs to be fixed. What would you say the average cost to fix would be? Is this something that a DIY'er could do himself?

Thanks for any help!
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Broken windshield 1966 Ford F100

Post by Brent Deines »

What a shame, that's a nice truck. I used to drive one very similar on a ranch as a kid.

I don't sell glass any more so I won't quote the glass but wanted to chime in on the DYI option. The back is a pretty simple rope in if the rubber is good. If not, buy a new gasket of the best quality you can find. The front is a bit more challenging with the chrome insert on the outside and if I remember correctly a large rubber lip on the inside of the vehicle. I put in a lot of those after owners tried to do it themselves and ended up bending chrome, breaking glass, tearing rubber, scratching paint, etc. I recommend finding someone who specializes in older vehicles and have them put it in for you. A lot of young technicians may be great at replacing windshields in new cars but have never attempted one of these. You want someone who knows what they are doing.

You can probably do better on pricing working with your local glass shop but this will give you an idea of how much you might expect to pay depending on the option you select.
http://www.lmctruck.com/features/fb/fb9rd.htm
http://www.lmctruck.com/features/fb/fb9re.htm
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Clarity Glass

Post by Clarity Glass »

I have a shop I refer older replacements to here in Vancouver, WA. If that won't work for you maybe I can get him to give me a referral for someone closer to you.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

You may have a problem in getting a Windshield for this 1966 Ford F100 try a junk yard ie car-parts.com this website will help you to find a junk yard who has the part in your area or in another area in the usa. I was able to get a side window for a Toyota Preva once on this website
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hey there, I checked car-parts.com they do have some junk yards selling a rear window & windshields for the above 1966 Ford 100