If you are already set up to bill through the networks...

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

If you are already set up to bill through the networks...

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

What are the pros/cons of being in a contact as a perfered shop?
candyman

Re: If you are already set up to bill through the networks..

Post by candyman »

I was listed as a prefered shop last year. I havent really seen any additional amount of business. I use the Insurance jobs as extra money. I had two referrals in December and I've gotten 3 this month. My used car dealerships have provided me several this month. If you dont relly on them for your income you are ok. The big shops are still getting the bulk of the jobs in my opinion in my area. Although I only had a few referrals I was able to get three HL restoration jobs out of it. Thats an additional $165 I would not have had.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Question? Are you referring to some of the Ins Co. or Networks that will send you more customers if you agree to lower your fee? I wasnt eligible for that. I only repair and dont replace according to the ones I talked with. I was told they may include Mobile techs in the future.
Auto Glass Rescue

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

SGC, LYNX and so on... The only time I rely on them is when the customer wants to go through their insurance.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Really no Pros. I am a preferred shop . The only thing I see is it helps me sell an insurance job over someone who is not. I don't get steered as much since I am a preferred shop. I agree with the last post" they are not a business partner but they are my competition" . Competition is good for business. I started to unload about SGC repairs but it is not fair to put them all in one category because I know that some of these guys actually do good repairs( as I personally know some of them).