Farmers and connected companies change

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Farmers and connected companies change

Post by GlassStarz »

Recently Farmers and the sister companies have instituted a inspection policy. Be aware that they may want to send out a rep to inspect the damage before you do the repair. I guess they have decided that this will cut down on the fraud. :o
bill lambeth

Re: Farmers and connected companies change

Post by bill lambeth »

I think USAA is doing that as well in some states.
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

Bring it on, more companies need to do this. I feel this would clean the WR industry up!!
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

Auto Glass Rescue wrote:Bring it on, more companies need to do this. I feel this would clean the WR industry up!!
Totally agree!
Vikingfann
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Vikingfann »

This has happened to me twice recently with Farmers. The first time (perhaps 6 months ago) they made no mention of the pre-inspection and and gave me a referral number. When I submitted it for payment, they refused to pay it saying there was no inspection by them prior to repair. The customer was just as pissed off as I was since she had heard the entire conversation on speaker phone and knew they hadn't asked for an inspection before the repair. The 2nd time I had driven about 25 miles to do the repair only to have it put off because of the required inspection. 7 hours later the repair was approved with no inspection performed so I drove back a 2nd time and completed the repair. Since Safelite administrates their repairs, I have to wonder if they would have the same problem if they came out to do the repair. If I was a Farmers customer, I'd be shopping my insurance since this inspection procedure certainly adds to my insurance costs and it infers that they think I'm lying to them.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal