Working with insurance companies help...

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
EliteAutoGlass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Working with insurance companies help...

Post by EliteAutoGlass »

Hey guys! This is Josh from Elite Auto Glass. I want to start working with insurance companies but not really sure where to start. Could someone please steer me in the right direction? Thank you!
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Working with insurance companies help...

Post by t4k »

If you use the great Search feature on the upper right hand side of this screen, you will find literally hundreds or thousands of posts relating to insurance work. Also while doing your search, you'll probably find other posts and threads that will help you along!

Good luck in your search!
screenman

Post by screenman »

I take it you are quite new to our trade, can I ask where you were trained and what tools you use? where you are might help also as this is a world wide forum and markets change as you cross water.

Another small point, many of us make a very good living without the need to bill insurers.

Of course a bit late but welcome to the forum.
EliteAutoGlass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by EliteAutoGlass »

Thanks guys. I called my agent and he got me set up. Also I use the equalizer rock star series. I was trained by my buddies boss. He's been doing it fot years. I've learned a lot of him.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

At this point I have to throw a damp rag on insurance. First as I am considered a "Preferred windshield repair shop" associate by Safelight. ....................whooppe!
It only takes a few minutes to call the number(Safelight) on the back of insurred's cards to get a dispatch number from Safelight. Any one can do that.
From there it is downhill for expenses involved with doing ins. work.
My wife spends more time in the office on each job then I do repairing.
So, week before last I decided to not do insurance at all. $65.00 cash or check and that is it. I explain the situation to the customers, telling them they can take my paid receipt to their agent or send in to Progressive or who ever and have the money back in five to ten woking days, if necessary we will hold their check for a week with never a problem.
Last week was one of my most profitable weeks. Cash work way up.
This is just my opinion and may not be best for others.
Also don't hold your breath wainting to have insurance companies call you. Spend your calling on established campanies to do their work and offer the same price for their employees as long as their vehicles are on company property. If you see a transportation supervisor a dozen do-nuts goes a long way in establishing a relationship. Follow screenman's advice and keep selling.
I am getting more calls from Angie's List customers but Angie's does not call anyone as far as I know.

Well I will eat some words as Lynx just called with a two chip repair ($60.00) about a mile from me, so first exception to the rule. This is probably the second call from Lynx in several years.
J.T.Window

Post by J.T.Window »

I'll bet the customer asked for you because of your signage or local word of mouth.

Good thought. Probably.