Another newbie joining the fray!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jeffstn

Post by jeffstn »

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself and also ask for some possible collective help if I may. A little bit about myself: I have been in the auto glass business over 10 years now. I just work in the office and do not do installations. I have however done many of the in shop repairs for years (not with the professionalism that you guys do them though :roll: ). Being taught how to do repairs from an auto glass installation standpoint, I never realized how much more could be involved in doing a quality repair. I was taught to put the kit on the w/s-put a few drops of resin in-heat it with a lighter and clean it up. I was amazed (when I stumbled across this board) at how much is involved in doing a quality repair :shock: . I even discussed this with my boss and he agreed to pay for me to go to the Delta kits workshop (and purchase a couple of Delta kits) which I am looking forward to :D . I feel that I am easily trainable and hope to be doing much higher quality repairs in the near future :wink: (I normally get pretty good cosmetic results but we have never used pit fillers or UV shields or any of the extra stuff that is needed in order to do a great repair job-Yes, I have been one of those repair men that I have heard you guys talk about in several posts :oops: but I'm ready to change my ways and be the best repair man I can be :D ).

As far as the collective help that I mentioned before. I plan on doing w/s repairs on my own on the weekends and see what it develops into from there. I plan on picking out a name and getting the insurance, and all the other fun stuff that's involved in starting a business properly :lol: . My last name is Stone and I'm trying to incorporate that into a my company name somehow (without getting too cheesy). When setting up chip repair orders through insurance billing services, I often get a chuckle when the insured finds out my last name is Stone and I do chip repairs. So I figured I might be able to use my last name in my company name (or maybe not).
So let me hear some ideas for a company name if you guys have any and sorry for the long intro. post. I apologize for my bad spelling and run on sentences (I'm a repair man, not an English teacher :wink: )
I have learned tons from this forum and I look forward to learning alot more in the future. Let me know if there are any members here that plan on making it to the Delta Kits class next Sunday.
Thanks, Jeff
paintlessplus

Submitting Invoices

Post by paintlessplus »

WELCOME JEFF, I'm a newbie too . I'll look forward to seeing you in class in Austin on Sun. Bob Pennington aka paintlessplus
CPR

Post by CPR »

Welcome aboard, get a practice windshield, keep reading and then you will be able to benifit from the vast wealth of information and support you will find here.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Hey Jeff,
I am going to Austin also, I can't wait to meet everyone there. :) We are going to have some fun. :wink:
David
Coitster
Glass
jeffstn

For Those Going To Austin For Training

Post by jeffstn »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I too look forward to meeting all of you in class on Sunday.
Jeff
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Welcome Stone/Jeff,

First off I think you should go by Stone, yep this needs to be your new nick name for the forum :lol:

I to am an old glass guy gone repair :D it
desertstars

What?

Post by desertstars »

Jeff.

Kudos to you AND your boss.

You both deserve commendation.

We need more people like the pair of you in our business and you are certainly welcome.
txfirefighter

Post by txfirefighter »

See you in Austin
Just another rookie here!
Keith
mepoozer

Post by mepoozer »

Welcome to the forum!!!! How bout Stones Throw Windshield Repair... Just a thought but I'm not good at this kinda stuff... Have a great time inAustin- wish I could be there but you guys can bring back a wealth of info to share... Good Luck to you!!!!Me